Question Regarding Gs300 Suspension

hi, guys, im new to the forum. Just bought a year 2000 gs300 few days ago, plan to drop the car first. i saw the suspension on is200 is pretty low, and on the pic they are the same. just wonder if i can use the is200 suspension to replace the gs300 one to make the car lower. :blink:

cheers guys

hi

welcome to LOC

think you will find the IS is different to the GS.

Perhaps finding the GS300 sport suspension may lower the car perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

They are a very similar setup but the springs are different...

I have just finished lowering my 99 gs300 after almost 4 weeks of being stuffed around by pedders and a few other people..

Solution:

Call KMAC suspension speak to kenny and tell him what you want. They make them there, whatever height you want and they are exactly the same as the originals just shorter.

I ordered 2" lower and the car looks awesome drives well. No scraping,no bottoming out, nothing touching anything else and im running 20s. A little bouncier than the originals but there isnt too many ways around that.

I wouldnt recommend any lower than 2" as any lower will cause problems if you hit bumps and bad bits on the road. You dont want to bottom out those shocks too much they arent cheap to replace.....

I can email you some photos if you want or tell me how to attach pics on this site i cant figure it out..

Cheers

i am new to this forum (first post) and dont yet have a Lexus but...coming from an S13 silvia background, i dont get why you wouldnt just get some coilovers? i am not sure waht brands are available for GS cars, but i'm sure you could get some around 1400-1500 which is the usual going rate.

coilovers are good because they are a complete replacement unit and if you get a reputable brand then you can be confident that the valving in the shock absorber is up to the task, and often they have multiple damper setting so you can choose how hard/soft you would like it. You also then have the adjustability should you have 16s or 20s, you can select the ride height you want to suit. With many coilover brands these days you can also specify your own spring rates, so they dont necessarily need to be very hard or bouncy.

pedders ive found to be pretty useless, so i wouldnt deal with them just as a side note haha

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have just finished lowering my 99 gs300 after almost 4 weeks of being stuffed around by pedders and a few other people..

Solution:

Call KMAC suspension speak to kenny and tell him what you want. They make them there, whatever height you want and they are exactly the same as the originals just shorter.

I ordered 2" lower and the car looks awesome drives well. No scraping,no bottoming out, nothing touching anything else and im running 20s. A little bouncier than the originals but there isnt too many ways around that.

I wouldnt recommend any lower than 2" as any lower will cause problems if you hit bumps and bad bits on the road. You dont want to bottom out those shocks too much they arent cheap to replace.....

I can email you some photos if you want or tell me how to attach pics on this site i cant figure it out..

Cheers

hi, really appreciate the solution, but im in nz. it would be nice to see some photos of ur gs. i think u can use www.photobucket.com to upload the photo. and then use to attach the pics.

cheers

i am new to this forum (first post) and dont yet have a Lexus but...coming from an S13 silvia background, i dont get why you wouldnt just get some coilovers? i am not sure waht brands are available for GS cars, but i'm sure you could get some around 1400-1500 which is the usual going rate.

coilovers are good because they are a complete replacement unit and if you get a reputable brand then you can be confident that the valving in the shock absorber is up to the task, and often they have multiple damper setting so you can choose how hard/soft you would like it. You also then have the adjustability should you have 16s or 20s, you can select the ride height you want to suit. With many coilover brands these days you can also specify your own spring rates, so they dont necessarily need to be very hard or bouncy.

pedders ive found to be pretty useless, so i wouldnt deal with them just as a side note haha

haha, good point. by the way, i also have a 180sx in built as well. the gs is just my daily drive, cant really afford to spend too much money on both cars. thats why im looking for some cheap ways to low it, and put some 19s on at this stage.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Solution:

Cheers

hi, really appreciate the solution, but im in nz. it would be nice to see some photos of ur gs. i think u can use www.photobucket.com to upload the photo. and then use to attach the pics.

cheers

Here are some pics of it..

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Let me know what you think...,

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...