Lexus Gs300

Hi everyone as you can see I am a new member, just bought a Lexus GS300 and am having problems with it. Can anyone tell me where the computer is on these cars??? I dont have a user manual or anything :(

Want to try and get it fixed tonight so I can drive it so can someone help ASAP pleeeeeease

THANK YOU :)

Regards

Renee

• 2 weeks later...

i dont have a lexus but i might be buying one hence im on here, but i have an S13 silvia, and on my car the ECU is in the passenger side kick panel

i would suggest there arent too many places it could be, and to be honest if you dont even know where it is what are you going to do with it to fix the 'problems'? If you want it to run some kind of diagnostic consult program, then as stated i would check the 2 kick panels on both driver and passenger sides (but driver side normally has a fuse box there so no ECU that side normally)

otherwise some cars (such as my gf's 99 mazda 626) actually have a consult plug from the ecu in the engine bay up on the firewall, top right as you look into the engine bay.

try these locations and have a look around, i am sure you will locate it. if not, try ringing a lexus dealer and asking them the question, i dont know how helpful they are but they may point you in the right direction.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...