Satnav Software Upgrade Rx330

Anybody know how/where to get the RX330 satnav software upgarded?

I'm not referring to the dvd map upgarde which I have done from v10 to the latest v14.

What I'm after is the actual software to read the map - which when I check on the new RX looks a lot better: higher resolution, better icons, etc.

Can this even be done? I know if I ask Lexus they'll tell me it can't be done. But it's just a software installed on a standard hardware right? (like Windows XP upgarde to Vista on PC?) Or is the hardware need to be upgarded to be able to utilise the new software? If that the case, is there anyone selling/installing the satnav hardware upgrade?

There's doesn't seem to be any 3rd party in Aussie that can or know how to do this (unlike US & Japan).

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks

When you say "new" RX, I assume you mean the RX350 ?

You can't swap the Nav screen from the 350 to the 330 (dealer told me). The "new" 350 ML head unit (with the DVD player) is also incompatible with the 330. The 350s have completely different Nav/Audio/rear camera software and hardware to the 330.

I've had plenty of 350 courtesy cars, and I hate the new guide screen on the reverse camera......much easier to focus on what you're trying to look at without them cluttering the screen.

• 3 months later...
Anybody know how/where to get the RX330 satnav software upgarded?

I'm not referring to the dvd map upgarde which I have done from v10 to the latest v14.

What I'm after is the actual software to read the map - which when I check on the new RX looks a lot better: higher resolution, better icons, etc.

Can this even be done? I know if I ask Lexus they'll tell me it can't be done. But it's just a software installed on a standard hardware right? (like Windows XP upgarde to Vista on PC?) Or is the hardware need to be upgarded to be able to utilise the new software? If that the case, is there anyone selling/installing the satnav hardware upgrade?

There's doesn't seem to be any 3rd party in Aussie that can or know how to do this (unlike US & Japan).

Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Maybe the hardware that should be upgraded.