Can anyone confirm what Region DVDs are playable and has anyone heard of any hack to make the DVD player multi-region?

I just tried a region 1 and a region 3 DVD and both gave a region code error.

I haven't heard of any hacks to overcome this.

im pretty sure they are region 4 "as australia is region 4".

why does it matter, how often do you play DVDs from overseas?

Besides, you can only play them when the car isnt in motion, whats the point?

im pretty sure they are region 4 "as australia is region 4".

why does it matter, how often do you play DVDs from overseas?

Besides, you can only play them when the car isnt in motion, whats the point?

I was actually referring to music DVDs. You can still play them whilst in motion, you just can't view the video. Mind you, the way the traffic is in Sydney these days, you can just whack on the emergency brake and enjoy the video whlst stuck in the traffic. :)

I was actually referring to music DVDs. You can still play them whilst in motion, you just can't view the video. Mind you, the way the traffic is in Sydney these days, you can just whack on the emergency brake and enjoy the video whlst stuck in the traffic. :)

Music DVD or Movie DVD will be the same, if it has a region coding that is not 4 it won't work.

The advantage of using the music DVD is you get the full surround sound of the ML system, :lol: not just the usual stereo for music CD's, MP3's etc.

It would certainly be nice to be able to do to the ML DVD player that you can do to most other DVD players and that is unlock it to play all Regions. The only difficulty is knowing is exactly who is the DVD manufacturer that the ML system incorporates.

There are any number of sites around that provide unlock codes for DVD players, just need to know the manufacturer.