Installing Pioneer Hu In 92 Es300

ok so i just got a 92 es300 and have my pioneer head unit from my last car...which i wrote off

and want to install it. i thought before attempting, id read up a bit and it seems that people have said you must have a wring harness for an aftermarket cd player...

im goin to buy a dash mounting kit, but do i really need a wiring harness? i installed this in my last car, which was a toyota-so would it just be similar to that? also, either way if i do or don't need this wiring harness, how can do i know if theres a factory amp in the car - and if there is, do i need to buy an amp integration wiring harness or will it work fine?

one other quick question-what size are the speakers in both sets of doors?

cheers heeeaps for any help

;)

ok so i just got a 92 es300 and have my pioneer head unit from my last car...which i wrote off

and want to install it. i thought before attempting, id read up a bit and it seems that people have said you must have a wring harness for an aftermarket cd player...

im goin to buy a dash mounting kit, but do i really need a wiring harness? i installed this in my last car, which was a toyota-so would it just be similar to that? also, either way if i do or don't need this wiring harness, how can do i know if theres a factory amp in the car - and if there is, do i need to buy an amp integration wiring harness or will it work fine?

one other quick question-what size are the speakers in both sets of doors?

cheers heeeaps for any help

;)

If you have a factory amp, it will be under the passenger seat.

honestly dont know about the harness if you have an amp, when i did my install, i ran all new wiring to the speakers, and all new power wiring as for competitions, i cant afford to have the voltage loss through the cars factory wiring setups.

If you are competent with wiring in a stereo, and want to save money, then this is not hard.

From memory (i replaced mine 2 1/2 years ago) the speakers are 6 1/4" in the doors, but dont quote me on that, they could be 6"s, i cant remember exactly, and the rears are 6x9's

ahh yer i thought about just rewiring the whole lot..i got a step by step do doing this-but seems pretty easy..just ive never had to rund wiring down under the floor or anything so a bit iffy on how ill go at that is all...

i think im guna have to try before i buy approach and take the stock cd player out n whack mine in see how it goes...if it doesn't work..then havta decide whether to buy this harness...only like $10 delivered from eBay, orrr new wire to speakers...think ill try thr harness first as it seems alot quicker and easier haha..probly go strate for the amp intergration harness to cover my bases to ahah

• 3 weeks later...