Nz Lexusownersclub Organisation

OK- I hit the car sales yards around Greenlane and Panmure this morning. Must have seen 20 IS/Altezzas. Maybe even sold one to a customer who didn't have a good idea of what he wanted!!

I played with the TOM 280T but didn't get to drive it. Clutch is really heavy, even for a twin plate, but it idles and runs very smoothly. 7lb boost , 280bhp, rise height adjustable and a body kit. Not bad, but $60k!

Saw two Altezzas on FIFTEEN inch mags. Disgusting looking things with fat tyres, but apparently they came in on steel wheels. One had beige interior, seats, panels, carpet, everything. Looked nice.

Had a dealer phone me asking how I'd got onto the wharf to put a leaflet in his car before he'd even seen it! I'd asked the car transporter driver to put it in when I saw him deliveriing another car in Greenlane!!

Everyone was enthusiastic about the club, and I'm about out of leaflets. When I hear from Matt McNally about our web address I'll do the business cards, and Matt (Lsportline) reckons we keep leaflets as well.

Anyone else with some ideas??

Alot of work you've done already Keith, I m busy with exams this week so I wont put too much work into it until next weekend, but when i see a JDM / Lexus parked on side of the road or next to me I will give them a Leaflets, also i m busy ordering my L-Sportline springs and the rear deck emblem, too excited for that!!! have to say that shipping is real expensive...it will cost me $190 for international express to get to my door insuared but will get here within four working days (Pretty Quick), I send the cashier chque through with FedEx and even that cost me $62.5.....GOD DAMN THOSE AMERICAN SHIPPING COMPANIES!!! anyway, i think my computer is pretty screwed, it cant save the leaflet i designed with out forum logo at the top and details in the middle, also to welcome all i have a LS430 and a 2003 JDM Altezza with 11 spoke 17' wheels, i wonder if i can jsut get it send to one of you guys...keith you doing th printing?

Matt

hey Guys:

I m printing some more of my leaflets, they go so quick... anyway I got some people from AUS and US to join, dosent really help the "NZ" thing much but it helps, Naroka - burnout princess and RIS300 and leexus its through my ad on is300.net, I think that could be a good advertising too...BTW we just got a new member in the Soarer lot that lives on the shore also, he said he is going to help us on the soarer club in AUS, keep up with the hard works guys and we will one day have 500 Lexus down at the meremere drags...:D

Matt

OK Lsportline matt, send me the leaflet outlines you have to my email address and I'll try to get them printed. Make sure you pass those exams or you'll end up working for me as a labourer! :lol:

Gav, I just need to hear from Matt McN or anyone who is handling the webpage side of our forum and I'm all go. Should we go and buy the domain name Lexusownersclub.org.nz??? Cost about $60 per year. We should still have links from the front page of the UK and USA sites tho'

OK Lsportline matt, send me the leaflet outlines you have to my email address and I'll try to get them printed. Make sure you pass those exams or you'll end up working for me as a labourer! :lol:

Gav, I just need to hear from Matt McN or anyone who is handling the webpage side of our forum and I'm all go. Should we go and buy the domain name Lexusownersclub.org.nz??? Cost about $60 per year. We should still have links from the front page of the UK and USA sites tho'

dosent www.lexusownersclub.net / www.lexusownersclub.net.nz sounds better???, OK I will do the design of the leaflet now and I willsend it to your e-mail by 9pm....

Matt

Hey guys...

I think Gav like my design, well I actually doen that thing in 20 minutes, both of them are different, one have an picture of some Colorado Meet in the US and the other one is the 03 JDM Altezza on 17" 11 spoke wheel,s PHAT as, anyway i think we should have 1000 copy each of each design, i think i found some grammar mistake on it last night, let me know...

Matt

OK- I hit the car sales yards around Greenlane and Panmure this morning. Must have seen 20 IS/Altezzas. Maybe even sold one to a customer who didn't have a good idea of what he wanted!!

I played with the TOM 280T but didn't get to drive it. Clutch is really heavy, even for a twin plate, but it idles and runs very smoothly. 7lb boost , 280bhp, rise height adjustable and a body kit. Not bad, but $60k!

Saw two Altezzas on FIFTEEN inch mags. Disgusting looking things with fat tyres, but apparently they came in on steel wheels. One had beige interior, seats, panels, carpet, everything. Looked nice.

Had a dealer phone me asking how I'd got onto the wharf to put a leaflet in his car before he'd even seen it! I'd asked the car transporter driver to put it in when I saw him deliveriing another car in Greenlane!!

Everyone was enthusiastic about the club, and I'm about out of leaflets. When I hear from Matt McNally about our web address I'll do the business cards, and Matt (Lsportline) reckons we keep leaflets as well.

Anyone else with some ideas??

YES< i realize there are a few altezzas with hubbies, looks so crap, no leather steering wheel, no nothing, no fog lights....hehehe

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

OK, NZLOC cards this week in theory. The price for the superb black pamphlets needs a superb wallet behind it, so they might be a bit later!

It was a bit too wet to watch the Targa Dash, so I hunted 'racing Altezzas in NZ' on the web, and ended up contacting Steve Carran at Toyota NZ. I'll paste the email below, and you can see why the two 2L Championship cars are for sale.

I contacted Tony Head, the man with the Altezza in the Targa rally, and have sent him this web address. I'm hoping he joins and we can eventually have a trip to Hamilton to see his car! He said he knows a lot of people with IS/Altezzas, seeing as he races one.

I also asked Aristo Kat to advertise us on the Toyota Owners Club site, which he has kindly agreed to, (thanx Allan) for any Altezza people over there.

Any more ideas?

Hi Keith

Thank you for your interest,

The owner of the tarmac rally car is Tony Head, he can be contacted at Kea

Trailers in Hamilton.

I have attached a picture of the Altezza's taken at the Taupo round of the 2

litre championship. We have several CD's of pics.

Unfortunately the 2 litre championship was cancelled by Motor Sport NZ The

cars are currently being advertised for sale in the UK Auto sport magazine.

Local competitors could run the cars in NZ in an alternative class.

Regards

Steve Carran

Parts operations

NCC

Toyota New Zealand

[end quote]