Gs300 Timing Belt

where are you located ? if you're in melbourne i can introduce to the place i usually service.. the last one i did is Changed timing belts, oil filter, air filter and 2 rear brake pads cost me $420.

Our 2000 GS 300 is up for a new timing belt. (155,000kms).

Does anybody know how much the belts are cost wise and how expensive a job it is?

where are you located ? if you're in melbourne i can introduce to the place i usually service.. the last one i did is Changed timing belts, oil filter, air filter and 2 rear brake pads cost me $420.

Thanks for that. Just got the car serviced, with air filter, coolant flush etc and paid $249. Car is booked in with same mechanic next week for the timing belt, as he couldn't source one the other day. So I am hoping that timing belt and fitting would be around $250 from your cost? Funnily enough I called Lexus Dealer and they quoted me $880 for a service with changing the timing belt as well.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah dealer prices are wild. for a service there (140k) its $480, but at ultra tune its $250 and small private mechanic i use, $180.

yes, the belts will need changing as they were out eventually.