By-passed Factory Amo, Install New H/u, Amp+sub Fail! Need Help

this is for me 1993 es300!

ok so a while ago i asked on here about by-passng the amp and....and have just finished doing that, running all new speaker wire from the old amp wiring harness direct to where my newhead unit is going

ive run power cable on one side, and amp and remote cables down other side of car to boot for amp_sub

but--i cant get any power to the head unit...and i also think the amp

i used a voltmeter on all the wires in the dash, after cutting them away from the factory harness, and got nothing on any of them

ive checked every fuse in the car, as well as in the cd player and they are all fine

absolutly racking my brain trying to work out why the head unit wont power up! also-everyone says the power wire is grey, but i dont have a grey one-but in position 4 int he original wiring harness was a red wire which i used instead...also no reading on voltmeter

so now my car is sitting in the driveway pulled apart and silent...please can someone help me get power to it i have nooo idea what ive done wrong!

thanks heeeaps

heeeey so since yesterday when i posted this, i made some good progress - i found an acc power, which is from the amp under the seat

and the amp in the boot now definately has constant power :)

for some reason, i quadruple checked this with multi meter, and key in off, acc and on positions, not a single wire from the existing wiring harness of the old stereo has power. checked every fuse, got my dad to double check to. nothing

so i ran new wire from the acc power i found under the seat and got that, but stil no constant power...but ive decided to give up looking, and just go power a few metres of power wire and run a new constant fro the battery terminal...

question is - will i need to run an inline fuse with this new wire?? or will the fuse in the back of the head unit be enough

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

<_<

this is for me 1993 es300!

ok so a while ago i asked on here about by-passng the amp and....and have just finished doing that, running all new speaker wire from the old amp wiring harness direct to where my newhead unit is going

ive run power cable on one side, and amp and remote cables down other side of car to boot for amp_sub

but--i cant get any power to the head unit...and i also think the amp

i used a voltmeter on all the wires in the dash, after cutting them away from the factory harness, and got nothing on any of them

ive checked every fuse in the car, as well as in the cd player and they are all fine

absolutly racking my brain trying to work out why the head unit wont power up! also-everyone says the power wire is grey, but i dont have a grey one-but in position 4 int he original wiring harness was a red wire which i used instead...also no reading on voltmeter

so now my car is sitting in the driveway pulled apart and silent...please can someone help me get power to it i have nooo idea what ive done wrong!

thanks heeeaps

alright mate thats how i did it, get rid of the STOCK AMP or BRAIN whatever you wanna call that junk, and get rid of the harness, oh when you remove the amp there is a screw which hold it, so careful, you may have to rip the carpet but dont worry as it will be covered once the seat is on :rolleyes:

now this is trickiest part

you got all the wiring there under the seat ...

all the wires you see in the dash are useless but the trick is

you got 2 harness under the seat

1 harness got all the speakers wires and ACC :)

yes ACC,

2nd harness is basically you got at ur dash, now

you can connect all the speakers wires to the 2nd harness so you got all your speaker wires and ACC with the harness you got at the dash :)

now simply install the stereo, i m sure there is +ive constant power wire there ....

i cant remmember the colours but seriously it took me good bloody 7 hours to do it all, it took me long because i made my own custom made front with woodgrain finish, so give yourself around 2-3 hours and have ur mate to help you and keep a pad and pen handy mate.