New Rx350 Owner

I just traded in my 2004 RX330 Sport Luxury for a 2009 RX350 Sport Luxury in Silver Pearl with Grey interior.

Loving the car so far - although I've had it for less than 24 hours. There are already a few noticeable improvements I can pick between the 330 and 350.

Will update and post pics in a few days.............

Now that I've had the car for 1 week, I'll run down some thoughts I have of the new (to me) features -

- The 2GR FE is a honey of an engine. It has grunt everywhere through the rev range, and has a silky, sweet engine note. The 3MZ in the 330 has torque holes in parts of the rev range, and gets a little harsh and noisy as it reaches its (low) redline.

- The gearbox works much better with the 2GR engine than the 3MZ

- VSC / Traction Control Off Switch. Thank god, about time.

- The black bird's eye maple wood trim is classy and the interior is much better looking than the Ivory with honey coloured wood in my old 330.

- Alarm system improved

- Sat Nav, Audio, Bluetooth - All much improved.

- I've noticed even little things, like the design of the rear spoiler and integrated rear washer have improved. In my old 330, the washer jet would leak water if you went over a speed hump, or accelerated briskly away from the lights - annoying when it happens just after you washed the car. No such problems with the 350.

- The interior is absolutely silent. Not a rattle or squeak anywhere, including from the centre console box and rear luggage blind.

I'll have a big smile on my face for quite a while to come. :)

• 1 month later...
Now that I've had the car for 1 week, I'll run down some thoughts I have of the new (to me) features -

- The 2GR FE is a honey of an engine. It has grunt everywhere through the rev range, and has a silky, sweet engine note. The 3MZ in the 330 has torque holes in parts of the rev range, and gets a little harsh and noisy as it reaches its (low) redline.

- The gearbox works much better with the 2GR engine than the 3MZ

- VSC / Traction Control Off Switch. Thank god, about time.

- The black bird's eye maple wood trim is classy and the interior is much better looking than the Ivory with honey coloured wood in my old 330.

- Alarm system improved

- Sat Nav, Audio, Bluetooth - All much improved.

- I've noticed even little things, like the design of the rear spoiler and integrated rear washer have improved. In my old 330, the washer jet would leak water if you went over a speed hump, or accelerated briskly away from the lights - annoying when it happens just after you washed the car. No such problems with the 350.

- The interior is absolutely silent. Not a rattle or squeak anywhere, including from the centre console box and rear luggage blind.

I'll have a big smile on my face for quite a while to come. :)

Gratz on your rx350 but I think you will have problem selling it, when you said 2009 model and the entire interior is the same as 2007/2008. As you know by now that there is entirely new look 2009 RX350 (huge improvements/design). Why Lexus is going to build 2009 cars with same concept as 2007/2008 from Jan 01 till end of Feb. and unveil a new model the following month. I think you know what I'm talking about, theres something fishy about that 2009 model of yours. <_<

It was first registered in 2009, so as far as I'm concerned it's a 2009 car. FWIW, the build date is October 2008.

And also FWIW, Subaru, for example, release the new model year change usually around September - October every year (eg, MY09 arrived in September 2008). From what I've seen in the trade, even an "MY09" registered in late 2008 is still considered to be a 2008 car.

And I drove the new 2009 GGL RX350 about 3 days after they were released - I'm keeping my car thanks. No intentions of upgrading :P

It was first registered in 2009, so as far as I'm concerned it's a 2009 car. FWIW, the build date is October 2008.

And also FWIW, Subaru, for example, release the new model year change usually around September - October every year (eg, MY09 arrived in September 2008). From what I've seen in the trade, even an "MY09" registered in late 2008 is still considered to be a 2008 car.

And I drove the new 2009 GGL RX350 about 3 days after they were released - I'm keeping my car thanks. No intentions of upgrading :P

The new shape RX350 is known as 2010 model. Losiho purchased the last run of the "old shape" which should offer considerable savings to buyers.

I'm currently tossing between buying a used 2008 rx400h or the new released nissan murano. I've always dreamed of owning a lexus and it is going to cost a lot more than getting a brand new murano. gonna have a few more sleepless nights ahead...

Lexo is correct. I got my car during the 0% finance offer - shame that car finance isn't always 0% interest !

If anyone's interested, the model code for the RX330 is MCU38R. The RX350 (previous shape) is GSU35R. The previous RX400H is MHU38R. The new RX350 is GGL150.

Lexo - Murano ? Hmmm I'm sure it's a good car underneath, but damn it's ugly..........

Lexo - Can I also ask why you're thinking of a Murano in comparison to a RX400H ? I daresay the Murano would chew through more fuel than the RX350, let alone the Hybrid. I would've thought the more "natural" competition for the RX400H would be something like the diesel X5 or ML ?

Lexo - Can I also ask why you're thinking of a Murano in comparison to a RX400H ? I daresay the Murano would chew through more fuel than the RX350, let alone the Hybrid. I would've thought the more "natural" competition for the RX400H would be something like the diesel X5 or ML ?

I'm considering the Murano becoz it is a very good value for money and this is noted in all the reviews on the web (AU & US included). It has all the luxury and safety features that can be found on the RX. Many reviewers and owners have praised the Murano for it's interior luxury and NVH, better GPS than Lexus, better reverse camera than the Lexus. HOWEVER, the front design looks like Darth Vader.. :rolleyes: . You either luv it or hate it. I would think it consumes comparable fuel to the RX350 if not less given it uses the same capacity 3.5L and CVT.

Between a new Murano and a new RX350 (I'm referring to the superseded model), I would pick the Murano for all the above reasons and pocket the savings, but for the price of a brand new rx350, I could get a used 1 year old rx400h coz I can see a few 1yo rx400h going for low 70K now. That is a massive depreciation for the rx400h with a RRP close to 100K).

The Q I'm asking myself is 'which is currently the best value SUV on the market?" I luv Lexus and I've dreamed of owning one but this is a big investment and I need to think with my head and not go with my heart. I'm leaning towards the Murano coz it's a newer design and not having to search for the key for entry and start motor. A feature only available on the 2010 RX350.

Nice buy! I've had one as a service rental over a weekend when I had my service done. I was really impressed with it, especially how much power it has, and its refinement (no surprise there). And it's so comfy to drive too. The shape of the new one is still yet to grow on me though...