New Rx330 Owner

Hi all, I recently purchased a Lexus RX330 2005 done 33000 Kms, it is in absolute brilliant condition inside out.

I recently drove it with parking brakes ON for like 200 mtrs and now I am worried if that might have damaged the brakes. It is stupid of me but the steering wheel was not adjusted properly and the brake indicator was not visible. It made screeching sound and that’s when I stopped. Please give your expert comments if I might have damaged something, can’t find any difference in driving or braking though.

Also, it is a Lexus Certified Vehicle with 2 year full parts and service warranty and they say they will replace any part in these two years that are supposed to be replaced as per owner’s specifications. So, just wanted to know if there are any parts apart from oil filter that they should be replacing when it goes in for service etc.

Does anyone know where can I get exact fit rubber floor mats in NZ, I tried form Weathertech.com but they only do Left Hand Drive though I liked there Cargo liner in Tan colour. http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct...3&Year=2005

What do you think about the lamp guards by Weathertech?

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct...3&Year=2005

Thanks

Parking brake woudln't get damaged from that. As far as I know when you 'switch it on' you clamp the brake calipers onto the rotor like you would when you press the brake pedal. No difference.

There should have been an audible warning beeper to inform you that the Parking Brake was still engaged when you drove off :blink:

No there wasn't, i think the audible warning comes when the speed is over 5km/h, in my case i dnt think it was as i was in a parking lot. Can you please look at my other questions too? Thanks

If you only drove 200 metres with the Park Brake on, there's little chance that you damaged the brake discs of Park Brake.

I have no idea about the mats, sorry.

As for what needs to be replaced, the next service is the 40,000km service, which is a major service. Just the "usual" major service items get replaced, such as fuel filter, air filter, brake fluid, etc etc - none of which will be covered under warranty. As far as I know, there were/are only two official recalls for the RX330 - one is to replace a potential leaking brake master cylinder, and the other is the rubber trim around the grill surround (which usually comes adrift). Your car is the update 2005 model, so I think both should have been done by now....but check with your dealer anyway.

If you only drove 200 metres with the Park Brake on, there's little chance that you damaged the brake discs of Park Brake.

The brake pads that the park brake uses are the same brake pads you use to brake with when you drive your car. 200m is nothing when you consider that the average brake pad will be used for many thousand of kilometres over its lifetime. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. All it does is wear out your brake pads a little, and burn through more petrol. That would not even be marginally noticeable over such short distance as 200 metres...

Actually, after checking the RX specs, I've discovered that the Parking Brake mechanism is a duo-servo drum at the rear of the brake system. It doesn't use the rear discs or pads at all.

I have no idea about the mats, sorry.

As for what needs to be replaced, the next service is the 40,000km service, which is a major service. Just the "usual" major service items get replaced, such as fuel filter, air filter, brake fluid, etc etc - none of which will be covered under warranty. As far as I know, there were/are only two official recalls for the RX330 - one is to replace a potential leaking brake master cylinder, and the other is the rubber trim around the grill surround (which usually comes adrift). Your car is the update 2005 model, so I think both should have been done by now....but check with your dealer anyway.

Thanks for your reply, along with warranty I also have 2 year unlimited kilometer Full Maintenance Service plan that clearly states -

"The Lexus Full Maintenance Service Plan that accompanies your vehicle covers all parts and labour costs associated with the Lexus recommended service schedule for a period of 2 years/unlimited kilometres from the date you purchased the vehicle'

Full details at -

http://www.lexus.co.nz/CertifiedPreOwned/O...ip+Benefits.htm

So, parts will be covered right? Why I am worried is coz I want them to replace whatever is supposed to be replaced and not just skip something just coz they can't charge me.