Cd Changer Error Ls400 1993

Hi, I am new as I have recently obtained an LS400 1993 white with silver, I am completely impressed with the car and ist ride,

The problem I am having is that the cd changer seems to have a problem, when you want to play a cd it comes up with Err on the screen in the car and you have to just keep changing cd's until one starts to play, this can take 5 to 10 minutes of constant changing.

I started to wonder if with the lexus you sell the car when the cd changer faults instead of the normal ashtrays full,, I am glad this one the ash tray has always been used as a coin tray.

Anyway I am curious if anyone here knows if it is a repairable problem or if there is another factory one maybe from a later model that will play MP3's and preferably fit in the same spot, I don't mind moving the location if there is a substitute to play MP3's and work with the factory head unit.

I don't want to replace the factory head unit if thats what they are called as they are or seem to be a large part of the dash facia

Thanks for any replies

Steven

Adelaide South Australia