I have recently read online that all Lexus vehicles have a garage door opener facility in the electronics of the vehicle. There are a number of confusing ways mentioned on the internet that describe pushing the 2 outside buttons and then your remote garage or gate opener to enable the feature after the indicators flash. This feature is mentioned in the list of specs on my car an is250 but I can't work it out.

I also worked out that if you hold down the key unlock button that all windows and the sunroof open and vice versa with the lock button good feature if the car has been parked in the sun to cool it down quickly dispersing hot air.

Can anyone help with the garage door feature. I asked the Lexus dealer and he thought I was from Mars.

What FrankyX said, Homelink is a US only feature. Don't feel so bad, aussie spec IS250 can also close the windows and sunroof with the remote. US IS250 can't due to their trigger happy lawyers. Same goes for the on screen rear guidance function thingy on the reversing camera.