Is300 Nav Cd Update?

HI GUYS JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO UPDATE THE NAV IN MY IS300, IS MY ONLY OPTION TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP OR CAN I SOMEHOW DO IT MYSELF?

CHEERS

its just a cd - just see if you can "find it" lol

other wise off to the dealer they are $$$ tho - my uncle paid around $450 from memory for his is300

There are a couple of threads on downloading and burning the DVD. I have an idea that the DVD drive in the IS is behind the instrument cluster - there was a thread either on this forum or one of the others with step by step instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ex IS300 owner here...

If you want to save cash, go check out the RX section, there's a link to a torrent for the latest v15.

To change the disc (it's a DVD, not a CD) in the IS300, you need to find the DVD drive in the boot, IS250 has it in the dash Poisson :) Take off the mat and the plastic thingy. Take out the spare wheel. On the drivers side there is a box. Unscrew two bolts on the metal plate, with ACC on, slide the switch and press eject. Then chuck in the new DVD, it will take few minutes to update firmware, and you're done.