Manual Is200 Came With Non-Functioning Cruise Control Stalk

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum here. Just bought a manual IS200 a few weeks ago and it's been pretty good so far!

One concern is that the car came with a cruise control stalk on the steering wheel column but it doesn't work.

Now we all know that the manual IS200's never came with cruise control, only the automatic versions did.

I asked the seller about it and they said that 'Lexus gave you the option to install a non-functioning cruise control stalk in your car from the factory so you could install the remaining components yourself'. But that sounds like nonsense.

Any ideas why the stalk is there? Anyone else experience this with their car?

Thanks in advance!

they said that 'Lexus gave you the option to install a non-functioning cruise control stalk in your car from the factory so you could install the remaining components yourself'. But that sounds like nonsense.

It is nonsense.

Lexus Australia never had that option on IS200 manuals.

After market non genuine cruise control was the only choice.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

The cruise control stalk looks genuine and is fitted perfectly to the steering wheel column, like it would be in an automatic model. It just doesn't work.

My theory is that the original airbag may have popped so they replaced the original wheel with a wheel from an automatic model hence it having the stalk.

What do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...

Have a look in the engine bay for a cruise control system, my IS200 manual came with one (the original owner had it installed after market) but it doesn't work as it was an inferior product and the cable that connected it to the throttle body snapped, as there is no documentation in regards to it I cannot get it repaired >.<

• 2 months later...

ooooo

when i got my car aswell

it came with cruise control

but yea didnt work either

wasnt connedted up aswell

so i jus took it off

but the clip is still stuck on the steering wheel

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah,

Also bought manaul and was told that its after market.

Also not connected. Not really all that useful if you don't travel long distances.

Mechanic said that it could be connected, but it simply looks like a wire thats been pulled and snapped.