hey guys

I have just returned from an extended driving holiday up the coast and back with my new found love of a couple of months (The IS250).

over rough roads there is a rattle/sqweeking noise coming from the hood lining above my head like its rubbing on something. when i put my hand on it it stops. I have eliminated the moon roof lining touching/contributing.

I have read about sunroof noise in a thread from 3 years ago and some lubrication was the resolution. not sure if this is the same noise as i have and also not sure WHAT to lubricate as it doesnt explain.

Has any one else had this issue. Its awesome have a nice quite car but because of it you notice the little noises.

Thanks

I had a similar issue with a slight rattle I couldn't trace.

After reading endless threads on the US forums - someone mentioned cleaning the rubber seals around the moon roof with a cloth and water (No chemicals). I thought it was crazy at first so I gave it a try and it worked.

The rattle seems to come back after a couple of opened the moon roof when I haven't washed the car in a few weeks (Shame on me :P ).

I had to do it in stages having the moon roof partially opened, then tilted to clean out the dirt all around the rubber seal.

Try that first, it's quick and easy.

I had a similar issue with a slight rattle I couldn't trace.

After reading endless threads on the US forums - someone mentioned cleaning the rubber seals around the moon roof with a cloth and water (No chemicals). I thought it was crazy at first so I gave it a try and it worked.

The rattle seems to come back after a couple of opened the moon roof when I haven't washed the car in a few weeks (Shame on me tongue.gif ).

I had to do it in stages having the moon roof partially opened, then tilted to clean out the dirt all around the rubber seal.

Try that first, it's quick and easy.

simplicity!!! I shall try tommoz

thanks Jom