Torque Converter

I was reading up on possible applications for a torque converter.. and found out there are numerous reasons you would want to have one installed, based on what you are trying to achieve overall.

The current is200's use a lock-up torque converter.. does anyone know what this does? and when was this introduced in the is200's?

thanks

I was reading up on possible applications for a torque converter.. and found out there are numerous reasons you would want to have one installed, based on what you are trying to achieve overall.

The current is200's use a lock-up torque converter.. does anyone know what this does? and when was this introduced in the is200's?

thanks

If you have an auto, then you would have a torque converter. The input shaft drives the output shaft via transmission fluid. When the torque convertor "locks" up then input and output shafts are locked, rather then driven by fluid.

Hope that makes sense....correct me if I'm wrong also :D

oh ok its ONLY for autos.. i dont need to know about it then :P hehe

jokes aside.. lexus calls this lockup torque convertor? a torque convertor from my readings is really a generic term.. there are heaps of different applications on why you use one and u stream-line the torque convertor based on your requirements.

oh ok its ONLY for autos.. i dont need to know about it then :P hehe

jokes aside.. lexus calls this lockup torque convertor? a torque convertor from my readings is really a generic term.. there are heaps of different applications on why you use one and u stream-line the torque convertor based on your requirements.

The "stall" level can be increased for performance improvements....common in drag race applications.