Toyota Windom Navigation System

I recently purchased a 1997 toyota windom from auction. It was imported from japan therefore the navigation system it cam equiped with is completely in japanese, I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to change the language or if there is software I can purchase or download to convert it to English.

The navigation system is probably the same as in the Altezzas - and no, it's not possible to get it converted as such. GeoSmart in NZ are the only ones producing map data for GPS, and they have a product to be released shortly - however, it won't just be a CD compatible with existing systems.

You'll likely have to purchase the nav system unit to replace the one in your Windom, which looks like it'll be a VDO Dayton unit at ths point. VDO say their unit should work with existing LCD displays, reducing the cost significantly. I haven't heard what this cost is likely to be yet - this is all very new.

Search the IS200/300/Altezza forum for 'navigation', a thread I wrote in a while ago has a bit more.

Incidentally, I have the owners manual for the original systems in the Altezzas etc, it's all in Japanese, and no English translation is available that I could find.