Inserting Keys In Another Car

as we all learnt from first hand experience in last nights KK run. Never ever insert another key (with a transponder signature) or another object for that fact in the key chamber of your altezza. You can expect with certainty that afterwards, the proper key will not turn within the chamber - hence your car will need to be towed.

and if you do decide to do this, don't do it in near freezing temperatures so you all are not standing in the open air for nearly 3 hours :D

as we all learnt from first hand experience in last nights KK run.  Never ever insert another key (with a transponder signature) or another object for that fact in the key chamber of your altezza.  You can expect with certainty that afterwards, the proper key will not turn within the chamber - hence your car will need to be towed.

and if you do decide to do this, don't do it in near freezing temperatures so you all are not standing in the open air for nearly 3 hours  :D

I understand the "waiting" business now :lol: Who was the unlucky one?

hahah IT WAS ME !!! dam it !!

yep.. unlucky as it was. I was doomed for the weekend. :(

bloody cold at livo... geezz

long story short..

1. I called Lexus and the only thing is to wait til monday so their technician can check it out.

2. So i called my mechanic.. he called his locksmith and out he came...

did his thing with the barrel and did manage to "click" the key over which was a relief...

BAD NEWS... the "other" key that was used must have been turned pretty hard cause it damaged some of the pins - hence as to why my key would not turn and the security system kicked in...

I can start the car, but I get a "clicking" on the key when i turn - so I would need to replace the barrel sometime during the week...

I wont name the "person", but if u can PM me and hopefully we can work something out to get this fixed. cheers.

ALL WE CAN DO IS TAKE IT IN GOOD SPIRIT & LAUGH !!! :)

Other than freezing cold - it was a dam good KK meet.

Awesome meetoing up with you GWIN... keep them gadgets rolling... send edwin a run for his money !! hhahhaha

Finally - I just want to say THANKS to all the guys that waited with me in the freakin cold til the towie came. Top mates !!

good to hear u can at least turn it over flex!

worth mentioning..

1) group of ppl with the van and the 200sx trying to start their own nightclub in the parking lot and started dancing

2) the rolla who did well to hide a front mount intercooler, but exposed it by placing neons behind it

3) those chicks with the lanos? with personal plates n decals (i cant remember them.. someone fill in the gaps!)

ps. wasn't it agreed that "person" would shout us a feed next time?? :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :)

Is that the two chicks who pulled up next to us while we were waiting for the towey?? Yeah I have no idea wtf they wanted...

anyway, in case this happens to any of you, here's the instructions for reprogramming a key into the immobilizer:

-Up to 7 immobilizer MASTER key codes can be programmed at one time.

-You must have at least ONE master key already programmed to use this. IF you have no keys at all a reflashed ECM is needed.

-MASTER key refers to the black keys with remote

programming Process:

-Insert current (already programmed) master key into ignition but do not turn

-Depress and release the throttle pedal (to the floor) 5 times, smoothly and calmly (really fast wont work)

-within 20 seconds depress and release brake pedal 6 times (dont need to go to the floor on this) still dont go really fast.

-remove the key from ignition

-within 10 seconds insert key to be programmed

-within 10 seconds depress and release throttle pedal ONE time

-the security indicator should now be blinking.

-after 60 seconds the indicator should stop blinking indicating the new key is programmed.This usually takes more like 45 seconds than 60. be patiant, 45 seconds seems like forever when watching a small blinking red light.

-remove key then reinsert and start car normally.

Cheers,

KS