Quiet Is250/is350 Exhaust: Fujitsubo Legalis R

I have been looking at upgrading the exhaust since the day I picked up my car, I want a bit more exhaust bass but no cabin drone, and I also didn't like the stock exhaust design with their flatten joints between the Cat and mufflers. It took me six months to finally found what I am looking for, the Fujitsubo Legalis R.

If you look around any Lexus's forum on exhaust upgrade choices, you will find F-Sport, Tanabe, Greddy and HKS dominated as the go to brand. For the riches and true enthusiast, they might also go TOM's. These exhausts have excellent build quality, very similar performance gain on paper and sounds great! But none of them really excite me enough wanting to buy one.

I love the sound of the F-Sport but for me it was too loud for a Lexus, if I had a V8 muscle car, that would be a no brainer, but for me it doesn't sound right on a prestigious sport sedan (Except for ISF, I would have picked the F-Sport). Another problem is price, both F-Sport and TOM's have a very expensive price tag for a axle-back mufflers system.

Other choices are lot more price justifiable, but some of them are even louder than the F-Sport with very bad drone which left me with limited choices until I read up on Fujitsubo. I found it strange that Fujitsubo is not very well popular amongst the Lexus scenes, not only Fujitsubo is one of the highest regards and largest exhaust manufacturer in Japan, they also make some of the best exhaust for high performance JDM sport cars. I always liked Fujitsubo, I have used their exhaust on my Civic EG VTi, MR2 and Integra DC2R, build quality is as good as you can get with full Japanese stainless steel, but some can be very loud like their racing series RM01A.

Fortunately, Legalis R is one of the street legal series, it is very quiet with no droning inside, nice bass sound from the outside yet not loud enough to catch any attention. So when I saw some of the US stores running special on them, I immediately imported one over and I am very happy with it.

I hope this post will help others who also after quieter exhaust, and give you another great options.

DSCF4960.jpg

DSCF4964.jpg

DSCF4967.jpg

I love the sound of the F-Sport but for me it was too loud for a Lexus

Modifying with style & luxury still in mind. I like that.

Hopefully I get to hear this soon.

Once you had selected the Fujitsubo Legalis R, where did you buy it? Supplier from Japan or the USA?

Once you had selected the Fujitsubo Legalis R, where did you buy it? Supplier from Japan or the USA?

I bought it from US.

The Japanese version is call Legalis Elegant (sound really gay), and I am not sure if it will fit straight into our car, it is possible the Japanese IS have shorter/smaller CAT, but I didn't really research much into details, I just went with the US spec to save time and money.

• 4 months later...