Outcome Of My Detail

Hi people,

I am not a forum writer but will show you what I achieved using some of MEGUIAR'S products and the steps I used to get the result. I detailed half the car during the day and the other half in my garage at night after the state of origin after a few beers so it wasn't perfect but got it close.

I used in order.

GOLD CLASS WASH SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER- This stuff really works as stated by many users, it’s a must have for any car. To be honest it cleaned the car, yes it was dirty, like I have never seen before.

DEEP CRYSTAL PAINT CLEANER- I could see the change of color straight away by getting rid of all waxes and sprays the dealer had used.

SHOWCAR GLAZE POLISH (7) This really enhanced the shine, it covered or filled the fine scratches from it being washed at the dealers.

NXT GENERATION TECH WAX- This is their new product, I was going to use YELLOW WAX (26) - PASTE but opted for the newer product which worked very well.

All products were applied with sponge applicators and removed with microfibre towels, each product was easy to removed when you follow the directions. I found to my amazment the black had become so beautiful to look at. A real head turner.

Ok here are the results

rearwheelshot6tp.th.jpg

frontviewnoplate1ka.th.jpg

sideviewnoplate7al.th.jpg

bonnet1tj.th.jpg

reflection4rb.th.jpg

palms

• 2 weeks later...

Late reply - but VERY NICE!

:D

I like how you can see yourself in the reflection - lol!

How often do you think you will detail your car like this?

I've been tempted to detail my car - but I know that once I start I won't be able to stop. Instead, I'm doing the whole free car wash thing at Lexus. I know they won't do as a good a job, but I can get it washed every 2 weeks and they are near my work - so it's quite convenient.

Also I found that the more I care for my car, the more some <BLEEP> will scratch it, door it etc. and it just really gets to me.

I've decided that whilst I will try to take car of this car, I going to try to not get too obsessed!

Thanks kinjiru for the reply, this site is really dead with postings but a lot of lookers. That's why did a decent post. Also thanks for the rap i did on the detail, it was hard work as you can see with the steps involved but the beers helped me get through it :) I thought twice about the reflection shots but thought who cars who see's my ugly head :)

I must admit i am worried that some idot will scratch it on purpose or some child opening the door onto my car in a shopping centre by accident, but i will deal with that when it happens, yes for now my car must look good as it should, over time i am sure this will fade, only time will tell.

I was planing on waxing it every few months but i will be waiting now due to my issues with the paint problems i have on my roof as i have stated in my other post. But in general when i am back on track i will only have to wax every few months now, a top up of spray mist when needed brings it up like a fresh detail all because of the prep work i had done in the first place makes it all worth it.

palms

Thanks kinjiru for the reply, this site is really dead with postings but a lot of lookers. That's why did a decent post. Also thanks for the rap i did on the detail, it was hard work as you can see with the steps involved but the beers helped me get through it :) I thought twice about the reflection shots but thought who cars who see's my ugly head :)

I must admit i am worried that some idot will scratch it on purpose or some child opening the door onto my car in a shopping centre by accident, but i will deal with that when it happens, yes for now my car must look good as it should, over time i am sure this will fade, only time will tell.

I was planing on waxing it every few months but i will be waiting now due to my issues with the paint problems i have on my roof as i have stated in my other post. But in general when i am back on track i will only have to wax every few months now, a top up of spray mist when needed brings it up like a fresh detail all because of the prep work i had done in the first place makes it all worth it.

palms

Hey Palms,

yeah this site is dead which is a real shame since the IS250 seems to be taking off big time. I'm seeing a lot of them on the road these days. I think I got mine round about the same time you did btw!

I was overseas when the car came in, and I read your post about a new shipment coming in (from Chatswood Lexus I think you said). Boy was I excited! I was on holiday but couldn't wait to return to Sydney! :D

I actually visited Japan but didn't have time to go to a Lexus showroom (although I did see the Toyota musuem). Now I regret it. Doh!

• 7 months later...

i just did what Palms recommended

first : gold class car wash applied by their microfiber cotton mitt

2nd : then i dried it with their microwipe super-glide chamois, then went over it again with gold class microfiber (super shine) to completely dry it

3rd : i then applied a coat of deep crystal paint cleaner with meguiar's microfiber gold class hand applicator pad and buffed it off with microwipe polishing cloth

4th : then applied showcar glaze polish (7) with a new microfiber gold class applicator and wiped off with polishing cloth

5th : applied NXT tech wax paste with a microfiber gold class applicator, waited 30mins until the wax was dry to touch and buffed it off with a polishing cloth, this was easily done if you only applied a thin layer

here are some pics

IMG_9323.jpg

IMG_9326.jpg

IMG_9328.jpg

IMG_9324.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

Im guessing you're happy with the result, looks fantastic. I must admit looking at your car made me say wow it's gleaming with a great wet look. I know it's hard work but did you see the diference in colour change as you went throught he process? I did...

palms

sure did!!!

and yes it was hard work

all up, about 6 hours :P :blink: :o :o

next time when i do a detail on the car, i think im gonna clay it before polishing and waxing to get rid of all the contaminants before making it shine!!

plus i forgot to tyre shine the rubber, hahahah

Nice work.

I envy you with having 6 hours free time to do it. I work 7 days and only got an hour of so on Sat to wash the car...