Try restoring it from iTunes?

Btw, this thread doesn't belong in the IS250 forum.

Sorry I dont understand your reply. Perhaps I should state my situation clearer

I used to be able to control my ipod function of my iphone when plugged into the USB port of my IS250. This enabled control of playlists etc via the IS250 controls on the steering wheel etc. Something that was for me a buying decision when I purchased the car in March.

After upgrading the phone yesterday to OS4, this functionality is broken. It attempts to work, only with the vehicle audio system reporting "could not read from USB device". Apple have screwed something or now made iphone incompatible with Lexus.

Does Lexus need to update its ipod integration software, will this come from Mark Levinson (Audio system manufacturer, or is an Apple stuff up ???

thanks to anyone with any news on this.

I see this as an issue for Lexus owners... not sure what other thread this should be in ... other than going to apple.

No, you've got the thread in the right spot. I'm sure there are plenty of iPhone users in this forum.

This sounds as though Apple have made changes so that you cannot use the phone while driving.

I would assume that Apple have had requests from all associated Whereis DVD Sat Nav car companies (Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, Jaguar, Ford, Land Rover) to have this system changed and would coincide with the upgrades.

Maybe try reverting your software back; if that's possible?

No, you've got the thread in the right spot. I'm sure there are plenty of iPhone users in this forum.

USB iPod integration is now standard in IS250, IS-F, GS300, GS450h, GS460, LS460 & LS600hL

so in the general section is probably a better choice. Only for the fact that you've got more chance of somebody having an answer for you.

I would assume that Apple have had requests from all associated Whereis DVD Sat Nav car companies

Its not related to Whereis nor is it limited to cars that use their data. IS250 without nav has USB/iPod input for example.

As suggested try connecting via iTunes for any itunes updates. This has worked for me in the past with a similar problem.