I have a 2012 IS250C auto but drive it in the manual mode

On my last service I drove the new 2015 IS250 in the manual mode and when you come to a stop it goes back to first automatically (like all other cars I have driven with the manual option with an auto)

My car goes back to first when I come to a stop however the indicator on the dash says 4th gear and the car will go up to 4th without my shifting gears by itself

I have asked Lexus in the last 2 services to change the "mapping" of the transmission so the "manual mode" is the same as the current IS250 however they say it is not possible

Are they right

Is there anything I can do

Thanks

I understand that the gear indicated on the dash on my car is a gear limiter however on the new 2015 IS250 it shows what gear you are in and you have to manually go up a gear in the new car whereas with mine it will automatically go up the gears until it hits the gear limiter

All other cars I have driven are like the new 2015 IS250

Thanks

I understand that the gear indicated on the dash on my car is a gear limiter however on the new 2015 IS250 it shows what gear you are in and you have to manually go up a gear in the new car whereas with mine it will automatically go up the gears until it hits the gear limiter

All other cars I have driven are like the new 2015 IS250

different gearbox so the program is not compaitble

you would find that the newer models shift much quicker as well

Thanks

Lexus could have told me this

You are right, it does shift quicker

Can I get the limiter changed to "one" rather than "four" then it should work as a "normal" manual in auto mode

Thanks

Lexus could have told me this

You are right, it does shift quicker

Can I get the limiter changed to "one" rather than "four" then it should work as a "normal" manual in auto mode

the 2006-2012 IS250/350s just run normal automatic gearboxs

but the 2012- current run the Lexus DSS system (Direct Sports shift) which is practically identaical to the ISF set up

i just dont think its possible to just get that changed

the ISF and newer models have a seperate ECU for the gearbox

but the older models dont