Help ! Air Filter Drama

Dudes,

I found oil in my air filter intake pipes, there is some oil at the entrance of the intake throttle body and I have cleaned it out but what kind of damage will that cause to the engine - I suspect that the oil is coming from the K&N filter oil but I have not reoiled it yet as I got it out of the box and it's factory oiled. Please advise?

Cheers

NO QXS

Serran,

I don't think so - but I could be wrong but if so, will it cause any damage whether it's K&N air filter oil or the lubricant/sealant used when installing the air filter?

Could you tell me why, the engine feels like it's choking/gasping for air when the car is idling? (feels like the car is about to stall...

By the way it took me about 6 hours to build a heat sheild, man it was a chore !

Cheers

NO XQS

is this a rampod or a panel filter? if its rampod then its gonna be what keith said.. and it's time to get an oil catch can like what 4rollin said (or maybe ease off on the high rpm driving) :D .. if its a panel filter, then i think by the way describe oil in your original post, that it is actually oil and not the grease sealant (sounds like you didnt use sealant).

Hi,

It's a pod filter (the new K&N Extreme) - I got Mag and Turbo in Mt Welington to fit it and I went home to fabricate a heatsheild and that's when I found oil in the pipes? Anyone can tell me what sort of damage will that cause to the engine?

Cheers

NO XQS

yeh u dont use the sealant grease with a pod anyways.

well if oil and its vapor makes its way back into the intake manifold and back into the engine that way it will lower the the feuls octane level and it does leave sludge inside the intake manifold... one test to check this out is stick your fingers in the throttle body opening..