Rx 350 Tyres Replace

Hi,

My 2008 RX 350 Sport Luxury need new tyres replacement (all 4 of them), do you normally go with the original fitted (Bridgestone Potenza RE031 235/55R18)? OR do you replace with something better?

The guys from Bridgestone shop recommend the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport but I'm not sure how it differ from the current brand.

Thanks

For what it's worth, I've just fitted a set of Kumho KL21 - $284 each including fitting, balancing and disposal of the old carcases. Bridgestone prices were waaay higher than that. I've only had the Kumhos for a week, so it's too early to tell you a lot, other than they are very quiet on asphalt and horribly noisy on chip seal.

A few years ago I would have only considered Bridgestone or Michelin, but I think the Koreans are now providing a good quality product at a attractive price.

Hi,

My 2008 RX 350 Sport Luxury need new tyres replacement (all 4 of them), do you normally go with the original fitted (Bridgestone Potenza RE031 235/55R18)? OR do you replace with something better?

The guys from Bridgestone shop recommend the Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport but I'm not sure how it differ from the current brand.

Thanks

I highly recommend the Dueler HP Sport if it's within your budget. I paid $315/each.

After a few calls, I have decided to stick with the original Potenza tyres. This is the safest and most reliable option. A few Lexus dealers also recommend this.

Bob-Jane charge me $375 each with $100 off if I change all 4.

Dueler HP is designed for heavier SUV and also noisier according to the service manager at Lexus.

Thanks all for your feedback.