Hello Everyone, posting for the first time. I've got myself a 06 IS250 sports luxury, like it so far.

I notice the wiper blades position are way up than most of vehicles I drove before. One of my friend says the parking position of the wiper blades are adjustable.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks

How close do they swipe to the windscreen pillar?

Have the wiper arms ever been removed (ie has a new windscreen ever been fitted)?

They may not have been re-fitted at the correct resting/parking position - if this was the case then they'd be swiping very close to the edge of the windscreen/A Pillar. If this is the case they can easily be removed (unclip the plastic cover at the base of the wiper arm and remove the bolt) and re-aligned.

As for actually adjusting how far they swipe or don't swipe, I have no idea and wouldn't think it'd be possible to adjust that??

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

They actually gets pretty close to right side A pillar when they wiped. Not sure if they have been removed before, but I didn't see any scratches or signs of being opened before on the clips.

One of my friend says it is electronically adjustable without undoing the clips and bolts. Does anyone know if this is true?

post-1820-0-71978900-1326374656_thumb.jp

Just went and checked on my 350 and my passenger side wiper is sitting the same as yours but the drivers side is lower - the top tip of the drivers side wiper blade very nearly meets the bottom tip of the passenger side one...

As I said though, no idea about electronically adjusting them. If it were possible, I reckon it'd be a dealer resolution.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just went and checked on my 350 and my passenger side wiper is sitting the same as yours but the drivers side is lower - the top tip of the drivers side wiper blade very nearly meets the bottom tip of the passenger side one...

As I said though, no idea about electronically adjusting them. If it were possible, I reckon it'd be a dealer resolution.

Same here. The drivers wiper tip sits at, or just below, the line of extension from the passengers wiper.

I have never heard of electronic adjustability for this on the 2006 model.