Fake Hid Vs Real, What Do U Think Of This?

would like to share this article with all, and get your opinion on its authencity, is it true or its more to market their own product?

http://www.hidbulbzrus.com/vs.pdf

Also what has anyone found , although this maybe in another thread but i couldnt see it covered, where a kit is so well made that the xenon bulb arc is in same position as halogen, how it should be?

I was of the impression that aftermarket HIDs weren't legal. Although plenty do have them.

It isn't enforced but still illegal. I've heard it may be something that is cracked down on in the future at the time of obtaining a pink slip.

"Due to their higher light output, HID lamps must comply with a specific set of Australian Design Rules. These include specifics as to light colour, proportions of specified light wavelengths (including blue wavelengths) and ultra violet (UV) emissions.

Self levelling systems and headlight washers are also required to off-set the increased risk of dazzling other drivers. "

http://www.racq.com.au/motoring/cars/car_advice/car_fact_sheets/headlights

I was of the impression that aftermarket HIDs weren't legal. Although plenty do have them.

It isn't enforced but still illegal.

Quite correct... to be legal you need to have auto-levelling and headlight washers as well.

Oh, and not 6000k+ colour temps... 4300k is standard.

All that pdf is saying is buy real (ie Phillips) as opposed to a fake hid claiming to be Phillips. I don't see where it said it would produce an arc same to that as a halogen fitted headlight.

Even if you do get a 'real hid' and fit it into your halogen equipped car, you should adjust accordingly so as not to blind others. But end result will probably not have an arc similar to the halogen, the bulbs of both are so different. It is especially evident on cars that have aftermarket hid fitted to reflector headlights.

Either way, as stated above, it is illegal to have them without said parts.