Hi All I just bought a second hand 2006 IS250 in black and very good condition. The car is excellent and love it so much compared to my previous car; 2009 Honda Accord. It is far more superior. No regret in purchasing it.

I have got a couple of questions I hope someone could help me.

1. The service interval for the car is 12 months. I am just curious what sort of oil viscosity and brand do they put in the car? Most of Japanese cars service interval is 6months. I dont like the idea of 12months interval although it is much less hassle.

2. When putting the gear in N with foot-brake engaged (?), opening the door would set off the warning chime on the dash. Is there anyway to turn this warning off?

Thanks.

Congrats on your purchase.

Service intervals are 15,000kms or 12 months - whichever occurs first and for those sort of intervals it should definitely be fully synthetic oil - however I'm unsure of the viscosity.

I have my IS350 serviced every 7,500kms or 6 months in between just for peace of mind so that I know it isn't being left with the same oil and filter for a year. Have done this with all my cars regardless.

As for disabling the warning chime - Easiest way would be just to put it in park instead of neutral if you're opening the door or getting in/out. I doubt there's an easy way of disabling it because the dash panel should also tell you at the same time to put the selector in the P position...

Hi All I just bought a second hand 2006 IS250 in black and very good condition. The car is excellent and love it so much compared to my previous car; 2009 Honda Accord. It is far more superior. No regret in purchasing it.

I have got a couple of questions I hope someone could help me.

1. The service interval for the car is 12 months. I am just curious what sort of oil viscosity and brand do they put in the car? Most of Japanese cars service interval is 6months. I dont like the idea of 12months interval although it is much less hassle.

2. When putting the gear in N with foot-brake engaged (?), opening the door would set off the warning chime on the dash. Is there anyway to turn this warning off?

Thanks.

According to Lexus service sheet:

SAE 5W-30

API grade SM “Energy-Conserving” or

ILSAC*9, multi grade engine oil

I use 5w-30 Nulon , you need 6.3l per oil change with filter.

Just to let you know. I had my IS350 serviced recently after 6,000km.

The filter was gone. Totally clogged, and the bypass was already being used. (i.e. the filter was no longer actually filtering)

It really worry me servicing once a year. The car was last serviced at end of 2011. So it has been 4 months since it was last serviced. Just checked the oil it seems to be still pretty clear (ie. no debris). I will monitor it in the next few months to see how well the oil is going. If it is black and has a lot of contamination, I might just drain and fill the engine with new oil myself. Does anyone know if Lexus service allows you to bring your own oil? I usually use Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 for my last car. It is a very good oil.

I would go every 5 or 6000 kms. Keep on top of any small issues that can turn into big issues. I wish I had of done this with my 93 es300, it might still be on the road now!!