Ron 91 Fuel

Hi all,

I'm a newbie and hasn't got IS, YET !!! Someday I'll. I like every bit of IS 200. It gives a sheer of BMW 3 luxury and yet less pricey. And FR is a must for a sports car :P..

Recently fuel price hasn't been friendly in Melbourne. Over $1.10 for RON 91 petrol. Add 10 more cents for the PULP.. That's killing.

I read the IS200 specs at carsales. It seems it's OK to run on RON91. Is it right? Would it make much different than running on RON95? How about RON 98.

Have anyone drive in Accord Euro? How does it compare to IS200 in term of noise and performance?

Thanks for every answers.

Hi,

Regarding the PULP. It sure will help. As the engine is VVT-i it will sense knocking etc and adjust hence higher RON will effectively give better performance. If you were to drive on PULP as you would on ULP, it will save approximately 20% running cost as it will travel longer distant per tank. I've tested.

Yes, I just change from a MB C200 Kompressor to an IS200 and I just love the IS. Compared to the Accord Euro - no comparision. I've tested/driven the Euro at work and the IS200 is 100% better in refinement, handling and poise.

Good luck with your search for an IS.

:)

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I'm a newbie and hasn't got IS, YET !!! Someday I'll. I like every bit of IS 200. It gives a sheer of BMW 3 luxury and yet less pricey. And FR is a must for a sports car :P..

Recently fuel price hasn't been friendly in Melbourne. Over $1.10 for RON 91 petrol. Add 10 more cents for the PULP.. That's killing.

I read the IS200 specs at carsales. It seems it's OK to run on RON91. Is it right? Would it make much different than running on RON95? How about RON 98.

Have anyone drive in Accord Euro? How does it compare to IS200 in term of noise and performance?

Thanks for every answers.

Ye, I just bought mine like 3 weeks ago, and wanted to know the same thing, here in NZ, we only got unleaded 91, and 96 premium, and wanted to know if it's ok to put in 91. cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

As I've mentioned, IS200's 1G-FE engine with VVT-i will adapt to 91RON fuel and it is fine. A higher grade fuel such as 95 or 98 RON will increase performance and/or better fuel economy.

On 91 RON, the IS200 may feel a little sluggish, but if have never put in higher grade fuel, I guess you will not know the difference. :)

I have driven an IS200 manual with only 91RON fuel for company car and it is not as responsive as my IS200 auto with 98RON only.

Hope this helps.