Ls400 93 Climate Control Readout

HI, I have recently replaced the screen for the climate control, it had the normal bleeding from the bottom with the black shading creeping up and becoming un readable except in hot weather,

I bought a new display from Ebay and installed it which was an easy job and it went well apart from the display seems to be the wrong one, I wonder has anyone else had this issue , is there a fix for it or is it the wrong display screen,, the pins can not be connected wrong it is very straight forward, this is what the display looks like,

IMG_2401.jpg

I am pretty sure that the temp and time display have swapped sides and also the clock of coarse doesn't really appear to be a clock anymore, the temp side no longer works either the display just lights up constant like this and the temp side is actually active while the ignition is off but the back light does go out, the time side which is now on the right only comes on when the fan is activated,,

I am confused,

I would be extremely happy if someone has a fix for this problem or another complete unit that works 100% and for a right hand drive because I have a sneaking suspicion that the right and left hand drive cars have different displays and maybe this is the left hand model installed in to a right hand drive car ???? then I would think that there could be a pin configuration difference that maybe I could modify using small jumper wires if someone had a map to achieve the correct result, or maybe a wiring diagram for the climaate control display for a left and a right hand drive model ?

Thanks in advance for any replies,,

You have managed to buy the LHD version, rewiring is very complicated if at all possible,I am surprised it works at all.

This guy used to supply both versions so maybe worth contacting to see if he has a 1994 RHD version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-A-C-Climate-Control-LCD-DISPLAY-SCREEN-LS400-1990-1991-1992-90-91-92-NEW-/130696950261?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e6e2531f5&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1204

Thanks for your reply, I can't believe that Ebay will not allow me to ask this guy a question, I haven't had that before, so that makes it almost impossible for me to contact him to ask unless I buy one first,

I am also surprised it works, but I would be interested to see the different wiring diagrams if they are available because I would be happy to do a rewire, I don't think it would be to difficult if diagrams were available, just insulate the pins and use jumper wires, I won't hold my breath but I will try and find some diagrams,

I just rang Lexus and was told about $2000 for the LCD module if they are still available, whats with that, under $100 for after market but just have to find a right hand drive module or wiring diagram for the LCD pin out configuration,

• 7 years later...

Any update on this post?

I have a similar issue on a 1994 Lexus UCF10 Right Hand Drive. I have spoken with the only person that appears to have this component located in Wisconsin and it will cost a fortune to get it back to Australia. Is there anyone in Australia that sells this component?

I didn't find any in Australia, Lexus of Adelaide told me when Lexus sold them they were $2k>
I got mine from the U.S. and I think it cost about $120-$150 by the time it arrived.

It needs to be soldered in, probably 20 pins give or take.
I did end up finding the right hand drive part so that was good and it has worked perfectly ever since.
How much is it by the time you get it from the U.S.?

1 hour ago, Aiden said:

Any update on this post?

I have a similar issue on a 1994 Lexus UCF10 Right Hand Drive. I have spoken with the only person that appears to have this component located in Wisconsin and it will cost a fortune to get it back to Australia. Is there anyone in Australia that sells this component?

Thanks for that. $190.00 by the time it arrives in Australia. It's a bit rich for an old car. I done all the capacitors and fixed all the instrument cluster but $200.00 for an item that should be approx $50-$80. The LHD model is $30 US. I found another supplier in Germany, again does LHD models hoping they do the RHD version. Surprised you can't get any bits from China?

I wasn't too worried about the price because we were not getting rid of the car for a long time so it's value was irrelevant to us. 
We have only just taken it off the road for now due to a starter motor starting to make noises, our local dealer said about $2500 to fix the issue so with funds a bit tight we took it off the road and we will probably do it ourselves at a later date, when I am feeling adventurous haha not a job im looking forward to.
But the car is well worth it for the car it is and condition, just not their sale value. We still want to keep it.
Good luck with the German supplier, 
Let us know how you go, if they do them and cheaper maybe put the details up here.

1 hour ago, Aiden said:

Thanks for that. $190.00 by the time it arrives in Australia. It's a bit rich for an old car. I done all the capacitors and fixed all the instrument cluster but $200.00 for an item that should be approx $50-$80. The LHD model is $30 US. I found another supplier in Germany, again does LHD models hoping they do the RHD version. Surprised you can't get any bits from China?

Hi Squirralien,

OK, the German supplier has reported back that they only supply the Left Hand Drive version.

Tanin Autoelectronix said that if I used eBay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/253064035229 a lot of the international freight costs were reduced. 

Instead of the $100 US freight cost, eBay charges $15.00 US (Big difference) I think I will purchase this tomorrow.

It is extremely unfortunate about the starter motor and $2500 is excessive. All cars have their little quirks. Changing the starter motor will be a little bit of work.

I ended up buying my LS400 by chance, come across a one owner 84 years old handed in his licence, wanted to sell the car. All original always serviced. I removed the existing tape deck and added a dual din bluetooth unit.It is a beautiful car to drive, but not my daily driver (I have a work vehicle)