Buying First Lexus Need Help!

Jonny22

Hey guys!

I've got my eyes definitely set on a lexus but I'm not as to sure which one I should get. I have a budget of 30-40k maybe more if the car is right.

I've been looking at lexus's is250's but just wanted to know what are my other options. i want something luxury but not too slow. Is it worth me just saving more money up to buy brand new?! or should i just buy second hand.

any help would be appreciated!

Regards

Jonny

I've been looking at lexus's is250's but just wanted to know what are my other options. i want something luxury but not too slow.

For new cars, your options - including those other than Lexus - are the Lexus CT 200h* and Audi A1. If you can get a discount on the sticker price, you can also look at the Audi A3 and BMW 1 Series. For second-hand vehicles, you have a lot more options. With Lexus, you can choose from the CT 200h*, IS 250, GS 430 or even the LS 400 or LS 430 (they're no slouches).

(* In absolute terms, the CT is said to be a "slow", with a 0-100 km/h time of 10.3 seconds. However, some reviewers have said that the perception behind the wheel is one of at least reasonable performance.)

Is it worth me just saving more money up to buy brand new?! or should i just buy second hand.

This is a question many people ask, no matter what kind of car they're looking to buy. Many Club members own and will recommend a second-hand car. But if the answer was as simple as that, why are new cars selling as well as ever in an otherwise slow Australian economy, while second-hand car prices are depressed?

There are both emotional and practical reasons for buying new. Do you prefer the convenience and security of buying new, not worrying about whether the car has already experienced something that won't be covered under warranty? Do you enjoy the feel of driving the latest and greatest to hit the streets? Is it worth salary-sacrificing your car, but your employer's salary packaging provider will only allow you to package a new car?

On the other hand, when you buy second-hand, someone else has worn the depreciation cost, meaning better value for money. This reason applies to all second-hand vehicles, not just Lexus cars. There are, however, two additional reasons why you might buy a Lexus car second-hand:

1. With other car makes, there's a bigger chance of buying a lemon. You can't always be sure whether a second-hand car is on sale because it's a lemon. This is far less likely with a Lexus. (Of course, any car can be neglected by the previous owner.)

2. You may want to buy a new car to experience the full term of a manufacturer's warranty. With Lexus, you (even if you're not the first owner) can buy a car less than three years old (i.e. more than one year to go on the original warranty) and choose to buy an extended warranty of up to three more years.

In the end, buying new or second-hand depends on what matters to you the most, but I hope this helps.