Kiwi Just Moved To Sydney

RotorRian

Hi Guys,

My name is Rian and I just moved to Sydney from NZ.

I used to own a Toyota Altezza RS200 Z-Edition in NZ which I just sold.

Loved the car so much im going to upgrade to an IS250 manual very shortly once we get settled here in NSW.

I also own HID Replacements and we are moving our head office over here so if anyone needs any OEM replacement HID bulbs and can definately look after you guys.

I also own a couple of FD3S RX-7 one rotary powered and one with a 600hp RB26DET.

Looking forward to some advice on the IS range as all I really know is they look hot!

Cheers

Rian

post-6654-0-25108000-1358678508_thumb.jp

Hey Rian,

Welcome to Sydney and welcome to the club!!

That pic of the IS200 looks HOT!!!! Nice bunch of cars you own as well.

Just had a look on your site, prices look pretty good for the replacement bulbs. They are just an aftermarket equivalent aren't they to the OEM bulbs?

Hi d_porkypine,

And thank you for the comments on the car.

Sort of. The company we use is an OEM supplier for a few of Japanese, Korean and European marques however it was orginally based more heavily around the aviation industry than automotive. but I think off the top of my head Lexus use an Osram bulb so we do supply an equivalent (some would argue superior bulb as ours are the same bulb as the FAA rated one) to the Lexus OEM Bulb.

One of their more famous customers is APP (http://www.app-top.jp/other/hid/index.html) which is also how APP got its name.

We can get these aftermarket APP kits as well for you guys but I have not really looked to much into them as im not sure of the legality of HID kits in Oz plus I'm not sure if I can be bothered competing with the chinese copies of the kits. Hence why we really only focus on the OEM products.

So what can you tell me about the IS250.

From what I've seen im looking at a IS250 6Spd Manual preferably with the satnav option since im a noob and like my gadgets any issues with the manual version of the IS250?

Cheers

Hey Rian,

Welcome to Sydney and welcome to the club!!

That pic of the IS200 looks HOT!!!! Nice bunch of cars you own as well.

Just had a look on your site, prices look pretty good for the replacement bulbs. They are just an aftermarket equivalent aren't they to the OEM bulbs?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys well I'm happy to report I now own a IS250

Thanks for all your support and help that the forum offers.

Next step is to find some wheels.

I've seen some I like but they are all staggered?

Has anyone run 18 x 9.5 or 19 x 9.5 all round and know what offsets to run etc .?