Hi All,

This is my first post here so pardon me if I ask anything silly.

I've been doing heaps of research over the past month on the IS250 model and am close to getting an 08' Sports Luxury as the 09 models I found are either way over my budget or not the colour I want. However my first preference is still an 09' SL model (year and the updated options I guess?)

I am aware that the 09 SL has a:

- New front bar and grille
- New side mirrors with indicators and folds automatically when we lock/unlock the car (this is extremely important to me but I know about the PO-40 and Sewell modification parts)
- New tail light design

Is there anything else Im missing out on? Anything else on the 09's that is superior to the 08 models?

Have to say Im pretty desperate to get a ride now but hope I do not make the wrong choice.

Looking forward to your responses guys :) Thanks in advance!

Mervyn.

IMO, it's a pretty minimal facelift with no real differences mechanically. Go with what's the best value buy at the time. Just be sure to get one with navigation & the Mark Levinson audio.

If you pay 5k less for an 08 in same condition with the options mentioned above, I doubt you'd care much for the minor facelift. You can always get a GFX lip cheaply (which looks better than facelift IMO) & do a tail light change at a relatively small cost.

IMO, it's a pretty minimal facelift with no real differences mechanically. Go with what's the best value buy at the time. Just be sure to get one with navigation & the Mark Levinson audio.

If you pay 5k less for an 08 in same condition with the options mentioned above, I doubt you'd care much for the minor facelift. You can always get a GFX lip cheaply (which looks better than facelift IMO) & do a tail light change at a relatively small cost.

Thanks for the helpful insight , much appreciated - I've made an offer for the 08' SL model this morning =D

Yes definitely looking at getting some minor mods done ie duck spoiler, tail lights etc - Anywhere else you recommend beside Sewell (I find the items there pretty expensive?).

Cheers