Would You Buy A 2010 Rx450H With 140,000Kms

Hi All,

I'm new to the world of Lexus. I have the opportunity to purchase a 2010 Lexus 450h Luxury model with 140,000kms on it for $36,000+ on-road. It is an ex lease car that one of the managers had at my work. My concern is with the high mileage so would appreciate thoughts from experienced Lexus owners. I don't want a car that I will need to spend thousands on repairing, or that has terrible resale in 5 years time.

Thanks

That's kinda pricey. The car itself will be fine. 140 is not that many kilometers so long as it has been serviced. Do you like the hybrid? I drove them and hated the lack of feel and cvt. it was just so dull. To put it in perspective I would take a 270 over the hybrid

What is your budget like? For about 10-15k more you can get a much, much newer car which will still have warranty too

That's kinda pricey. The car itself will be fine. 140 is not that many kilometers so long as it has been serviced. Do you like the hybrid? I drove them and hated the lack of feel and cvt. it was just so dull. To put it in perspective I would take a 270 over the hybrid

What is your budget like? For about 10-15k more you can get a much, much newer car which will still have warranty too

Thanks for your reply. Is $36K pricey? The cheapest I found on Carsales for a 2010 Luxury RX450h was $55K. Admittedly that had lower Kms so that's why I was wondering how important the Kms are.

$40k is our max budget so we will look at other brands if not this Lexus.

About to test drive the hybrid today so not 100% sure if ill like them but have read positive reviews online

I would thin that's pricey because of how much better car you can get for $50Kish. But if $40 is your budget then there would be slim pickings.

Do some research on battery failure too just to see what (if any)common issues are with Toyota and Lexus hybrid battery failure, if it fails outside warranty 8 years and I think 160000 km) then you will be up for very expensive repairs