Track Time In Seq

pedro1956

Can anyone tell if their is public access to either Lakeside or Qld raceway for a few laps?

Really only wish to stretch my ISF legs which can't be done legally on public roads.

Hi Pedro

You're in luck. There are tons of events running at QR and Lakeside, virtually every week there's something on. It's just a matter of knowing when and how to join.

Personally, I have stopped going for full on track days because I've found the maintenance schedule for a track day a bit too grueling (replacing tyres, brake pads, oils, diff fluid). Once you start doing lots of track days the car needs to be serviced at extra intervals (I think every 7,500kms according to the Lexus log book).

Instead, I go for the monthly "Happy Laps" that are organised by the local car clubs. There was one just this morning. It's a one hour, no pressure cruising session at Queensland Raceway that allows you to drive your car to your limit. Because it is only 1 hour and you are not driving at the limit all the time, it's not too hard on the car and the only thing you are chewing up is fuel.

Here's a short video of me at the last one:

I don't post these events up on this forum because I usually get poor response when I do, but if you are interested I will PM you when the next one is coming up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...