Finally got around to buying a pair of 215/45x17 Toyo T1-S to replace the rear pair of Goodyear Ducaro F1 s on Greeneyes. They were $270each, fitted, from Tyremate in East Tamaki. I could've bought the Falcon ST115 for about $250, but Gav is going to try those.

Headed out of Auckland for Rotorua at 7am on Saturday, down through Ohinewai and Morrinsville and Walton. Some of these are back country roads with moss and no lines painted on them, tight and hilly and twisty. The rear of the car felt sharply nervous in corners with bumps, so I assume the tyres gripped so well that the change in alignment when the suspension moved up and down steered the tail of the car. In Rotorua I swapped them front to rear and came back up the same route. Now the back was smooth in corners and the front was just on rails!! This is whipping into corners marked 60kph at 110k, maybe around a hill or a blind corner with a crest! The passenger (friend of mine with no nerves or a death wish!) reckons the tyres were quieter this way round.

Anyway, I'll replace the other Goodyears (on 47000km now) in a couple of months with another brand and see how the handling goes.

We knocked out 220km in about 2hr15min, and with quite a bit of 5000rpm plus it ran at 8.6L/100km. Makes me really happy!! :D :D

Anyone else buying good tyres??

keith