Hi everyone,

Newbie here ;)

be gentle to me ya .. :)

Just check with lexus australia, the new lexus price abit shocking.

I'm thinking to get the sport but shall we look at the price first?

Entry level IS250 : from 60 - 62 k

Sport version : from 73 to 76k

Luxury: from 82-85k

Anyone here think is worth to get the sport or luxury ? coz is like 10-20 k extra from basic level.

Difference between these 3 level are the wheel, suspension, interior gadgets ....

Should i get the basic and modify or just get the Sport version?

Opinion needed...

Thanks in adavance.

Cheers

Ron

Just came back from brighton lexus, 7th is basically the pre-launch for the new IS250. have a test drive of the car, what i only can say is fantastic, u all should have a try if there is a chance. merits are too much to mention, just point out some cons that i think are really matter. the rear leg room is pretty small and the display and control pannel is in the color of green, it could be much better with white or blue, in my opinion, green is the worst companion for such a great car. all the rest of technologies and comforbility imply within the new IS is just to prove that BMW 3 series are out of date. A4?? not even need to mention that, they are totally different classes. the following are the prices that I got from the brighton dealer.

IS250 prestige auto: 65XXX on the road.

IS250 sports auto: 76XXX on the road.

IS250 sports luxury: 85XXX on the road.

main things that sports carry: sports suspension, moon roof, 18 alloy, HID, AFS, heater seats, power memory seats.

EMV(multimedia pack): 6800AUD

I dont think there is a point to get a luxury.

the best price i can make it today is 83xxx with EMV for the Sports. Tinted window, four seasons matts and chrome lexus number plates frame are all come free.

Hi Wade,

Thanks for ur reply.

Reason why i posted this thread is becoz i have pre order one from Blackburn Lexus and the deposit being made last 2 weeks ago to secure a car. And the car will be ready by next week :)

I have ordered the Sport version (coz they told me it was around 65-70k last time).

Now when i found out that is 75k ... I donno whether is still worth to pay 75k for lexus IS sport version or just get the normal version? Partly this is my first time owning a lexus and worrying about the depreciation rate and value.

Quality wise i guess i don need to worry too much as they got good reputation on that..

So now i can still choose whether to get this Sport version or get the entry level one and modify it later?

With extra 10k .. do u guys think is worth for the money ?

Anyway thanks for ur reply :)

Cheers

this is what i am also confusing about, another 10k for the sports?? my dad suggests me with the prestige. however, after i had read through the sports equips with again, i will say the sports is the one. just the suspension tuning, hid, wheels and moon roof are really make the different and worth to buy it. hehe, seems like blackburn running the better offer down there. i had also made my deposit a week ago, but the car is only availible in the end of December and the price seems to be dearer in brighton. how much did your dealer ask for the sports on road? maybe i should have a try at blackburn, it might be cheaper if we could buy together. ;)

Hi Wade,

I'm going to test the car tomolo will ask him how much the car is and how much if get 2 cars hehehe but not sure u can get one next week as u didnt pre book ;)

with 10k extra seriously i want to find out is the sport suspension gona worth that much... maybe just with lowered spring only ? heehhe

Anyway will keep u guys updated..

Cheers

i think i will still get mine in brighton, they offer me a very good deal. in addition, life time free car wash is really sth. it is only offered by brighton lexus. by the way, plz test drive both the entry level and the sports, i had only tried the sports once. have no idea how the prestige tastes like. :P

Hi wade,

With the normal Sport (no optional item) how much brigthon quoted u ?

they quoted me near 77k .. .. let me know as they told me no one are allow to give discount... which i don really belive.. can u pls find out for me and maybe PM me the price or post here?

thanks

hi,

i was fortunate enough to test all three variants. The prices do justify the equipment. Just my opinion:

If all you want is to get into a Lexus, the base is just fine, it has most of the electronics, including leather seats, but serious / keen driver should get the sports, it will leave you with a grin every-time! (but no leather seats). The Sport-Lux are for those who wants best of both worlds - if you can afford it this is the model to get! A sports with "option pack" will already set you back $76500, at $78k for the sports lux with everything - can't pass it. Also as the Sports Lux has only 17" wheels, get the dealer to "upgrade" for you to the 18". With 18" 255/35 tyres, sure you will "stick" to the road...........heeehee.

Also, if you are not in a hurry to buy one, prices will drop in a years time...........hahahaaa!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I, unfortunately, got nowhere with Brighton, and as a previous customer took my business elsewhere.

Beware the sales people who will "sell you are car" instead of letting you "buy a car". There is a big difference. You are doing this for your satisfaction, not their commission and I found Brighton to have inexperienced sales people who were only interested in closing the deal and had little interest in my needs.

Having a salegirl actually say to me, the customer, that she "likes it when Asians come in because she can sell them anything" turned me right off.

Also beware of the closing date of a deal. My previous car through Brighton was meant to be delivered in the first week of the month. The sales guy had the car (and lease) registered in the last week of the previous month to beef up his commission for that month. That had consquences for me later that I was not aware of at the time.

Also, that old chestnut that you are "making an investment"... what a load of rubbish. All cars depreciate and with Lexus and the new IS250, on the sports luxury expect to loose $20k as you drive it out the door and a total of $50k in the next 4 years. That is fact.

Given that they are not discounting right now is all a matter of supply and demand. It works the same with seats on a plane. Right now demand exceeds supply but after a few calls to some insiders at Lexus I learned that Lexus currently has problems with the Aus dollar vs the Yen and that they "aren't selling many cars right now because of it".

That should be useful when negotiating price.

The $85k IS250 is worth $65k as soon as it walks out the door. The $85k IS250 is worth $30k if you keep it for 4 years.

Also top of the range IS250 in the USA is driveaway US $38k or around $55k AUD. Driveaway top of the range UK price is $65k AUD. Australia is about $20k overpriced compared to the rest of the world which is ridiculous considering they all come from the same place.

Lexus it would appear has inflated the price of the IS250 in Australia to create a perception that it is equal to a BMW. However, as nice as it is as a car, it is still a Toyota and mechanically nowhere near a BMW in performance.

Just some food for thought.

I, unfortunately, got nowhere with Brighton, and as a previous customer took my business elsewhere.

Beware the sales people who will "sell you are car" instead of letting you "buy a car". There is a big difference. You are doing this for your satisfaction, not their commission and I found Brighton to have inexperienced sales people who were only interested in closing the deal and had little interest in my needs.

Having a salegirl actually say to me, the customer, that she "likes it when Asians come in because she can sell them anything" turned me right off.

Also beware of the closing date of a deal. My previous car through Brighton was meant to be delivered in the first week of the month. The sales guy had the car (and lease) registered in the last week of the previous month to beef up his commission for that month. That had consquences for me later that I was not aware of at the time.

Also, that old chestnut that you are "making an investment"... what a load of rubbish. All cars depreciate and with Lexus and the new IS250, on the sports luxury expect to loose $20k as you drive it out the door and a total of $50k in the next 4 years. That is fact.

Given that they are not discounting right now is all a matter of supply and demand. It works the same with seats on a plane. Right now demand exceeds supply but after a few calls to some insiders at Lexus I learned that Lexus currently has problems with the Aus dollar vs the Yen and that they "aren't selling many cars right now because of it".

The $85k IS250 is worth $65k as soon as it walks out the door. The $85k IS250 is worth $30k if you keep it for 4 years.

Also top of the range IS250 in the USA is driveaway US $38k or around $55k AUD. Driveaway top of the range UK price is $65k AUD. Australia is about $20k overpriced compared to the rest of the world which is ridiculous considering they all come from the same place.

Lexus it would appear has inflated the price of the IS250 in Australia to create a perception that it is equal to a BMW. However, as nice as it is as a car, it is still a Toyota and mechanically nowhere near a BMW in performance.

You should post it earlier mate. <_<

You should post it earlier mate. <_<

My IS came from there and echo entirely what you have just written. Every comment I can relate to and was given the same speels. A lot of initial problems caused by poor sales people but fortunately the car has made up for my poor experience with them. B)

The RX was the previous "no room to negotiate" model.

A friend of mine just bought one last week in Melbourne and surprise, surprise, managed to negotiate it down around $10,000 from the on-road price from just 4 months ago.

We aren't talking Picassos here. We are talking a mass market car with a premium price tag for Australia.

There is a lot of room for Lexus to move with the 250 and if they don't, it is because they won't, not because they can't.

• 2 months later...

A friend of mine just bought one last week in Melbourne and surprise, surprise, managed to negotiate it down around $10,000 from the on-road price from just 4 months ago.

We aren't talking Picassos here. We are talking a mass market car with a premium price tag for Australia.

There is a lot of room for Lexus to move with the 250 and if they don't, it is because they won't, not because they can't.

As we all know, when a new model hits the market it comes to supply and demand... If we look to the past it will show us the future.. If you wait you can and will get your discount... Brighton tend to stand firm Melbourne a little easier.. Blackburn new to the lexus team are hungry for a position.. Wyndam was the place to buy, alais no more.. my suggestion wait if you can...... :blink:

• 2 months later...

As we all know, when a new model hits the market it comes to supply and demand... If we look to the past it will show us the future.. If you wait you can and will get your discount... Brighton tend to stand firm Melbourne a little easier.. Blackburn new to the lexus team are hungry for a position.. Wyndam was the place to buy, alais no more.. my suggestion wait if you can...... :blink:

I agree, which is why Blackburn will earn marketshare and the arrogance of Brighton will be its downfall