Hi, Thinking Of Purchasing A Used Harrier Rx 300

Thinking of purchasing a used harrier RX 300 but just getting more info on the car and was wondering if any of you guys can help me out ( I am in NZ). The following are the my questions:

1) Are ther any major problems related to the car. I have read that the gearbox may be dodgy but most of them were written by americans so it might be country specific.

2) What is the fuel consumption like on this car?

3) What size tyres does it use?

4) What are the servicing costs like?

Any info would be great. Thanks

Amin

I have a 1999 RX300 front wheel drive & still enjoy it after 2 years owning. Very smooth engine & gearbox. I pull a 5 metre boat no trouble. Fuel consumption depends on load or how you drive but has been about the same as Comodore s/waggon I had previously. Tyre size 215/70/16. Servicing has been cheap because nothing goes wrong.

Colin

Thanks colin, much appreciated. Most people I have spoken to puts this car in high regard. The ones that don't seem to come from America. Their biggest gripe is that the RX300 has a weak gearbox and can tend to break. Is it possible that the american delivered cars have a different gearbox specification? Has anyone else in Australia and New Zealand experiened any gearbox breakage?

Amin