Do I Need This Tool To Change Oil?

Not necessary but it does make removal of the cartridge housing easier.Last Saturday i changed oil and filter in my IS250.I didn't have this tool and used a chain filter wrench.I did cover the cartridge housing with some rubber strips so as not to scratch it.When i undid it it wasn't that tight,it came off fairly easy.Before i change my oil and filter next time i will get this tool.

Hey mate, good to see you DIY the oil change. I bought the exact wrench from amazon not long agao after numerous online research.

The Assenmacher is most recommended one, apparently all the other ones are lower quality and worn out after a few use.

As tony mentioned, having a oil filter wrench makes thing a lot easier to un-do the filter housing. I think this is be best money I ever spent for my car and you can use for a long time.

So which engine oil you using? and where did you bought your oil filter?

I'm just buying it for future use - I don't have the oil filter yet. I have a stockpile of Castrol Edge which I picked up on special 5W30 that I'll use.

Do you service your car yourself? I was quoted $650 for a service which is just an oil change, cabin filter and brake fluid change.

Hey mate, good to see you DIY the oil change. I bought the exact wrench from amazon not long agao after numerous online research.

The Assenmacher is most recommended one, apparently all the other ones are lower quality and worn out after a few use.

As tony mentioned, having a oil filter wrench makes thing a lot easier to un-do the filter housing. I think this is be best money I ever spent for my car and you can use for a long time.

So which engine oil you using? and where did you bought your oil filter?

Castrol Edge titanium 5W30.had 3 bottles lying around.Got the oil filter from Lexus(Toyota spares LOL) $25 what a rip for a cartridge and an O ring !! As my car is under warranty i really need to stick with genuine parts.

I'm just buying it for future use - I don't have the oil filter yet. I have a stockpile of Castrol Edge which I picked up on special 5W30 that I'll use.

Do you service your car yourself? I was quoted $650 for a service which is just an oil change, cabin filter and brake fluid change.

AS per my previous post i also used Castrol Edge titanium 5W30.I'm sure there are better oils out there but this will only be in there for 6 months till it's 1st service not to mention i only had 5Ks on it when i changed the oil.Car takes approx.6.4 L of oil.I just couldn't leave engine oil in a car for 12 months.As for cabin filter here's a link.Approx.AU$18 delivered !!http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HQRP-Cabin-Air-Filter-fits-Lexus-IS250-IS350-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-/390502440761

As for install just go to youtube for install instructions.Easy.As for brake fluid change i'd leave that to Lexus service.