All third-generation IS models in Australia, including GSE31, are fitted with tyre pressure warning sensors. It is always active; it is not designed to be disabled.

There is a button located below the steering column that will initiate calibration of the tyre pressure monitor over the space of two minutes. The Owners Manual does not suggest that you need to press the button following delivery of the car; however, I prefer to over-inflate my tyres by 4-6 psi, and so I calibrated the monitor after the first time I pumped my tyres.

Edited by Lexus Nerd
grammar

Thanks for the heads up, I will look out for the button.

Do you know how the TPS works? Does it detect the diff in rolling of the lower pressure tyre? I know tahts how it worked in my old Bimmer, it could detect as little as 4 psi difference. Has yours ever come up?

I'm not sure how it works. Unfortunately, the manual doesn't say exactly how much air pressure needs to be lost before the alert appears. I'm yet to see the alert myself, but I've only had to pump 1-2 psi each time I've checked my tyres.