Melbourne's Lexus Dealers

I'm interested to hear any examples of the flexibility of Melbourne's Lexus dealers when it comes to negotiations.

Melbourne has four - City, Werribee, Blackburn and Brighton.

Do they all operate independently or is there a cross over in ownership with any of the franchises?

My experience with the ones I've dealt with is that they will jump at the chance to bad mouth the other dealers with very little prompting.

Is any one of them better known for doing the deal that the others and if so ... who?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi :D ,

I got all my lexus at Melbourne City, their service is second to none compared to Brighton Lexus & others. Blackburn Lexus may be able to give better deals as they are a new mob and they get special incentives from Manufacturer.

If you go down to Melb City Lexus- ask for Ray!

best of luck!

:)

• 1 month later...
Hi :D ,

I got all my lexus at Melbourne City, their service is second to none compared to Brighton Lexus & others. Blackburn Lexus may be able to give better deals as they are a new mob and they get special incentives from Manufacturer.

If you go down to Melb City Lexus- ask for Ray!

best of luck!

:)

I purchased my new Black IS250 sports down at Brighton Lexus from the GM of the Toyota dealership Jon B a week after release and service was impeccable. I signed and took delivery of my Black IS250 within one week of first ever walking into the dealership! No waiting for 2-3 months (lucky there there was a woman who couldnt decided on her colours, she did my 2-3 months waiting for me ;))

I won't go into detail on deal specifics but lets just say, there was room to move but not as much as I had experienced in the past at other car brands such as Mazda and Honda (the former dropped their pants to flog a car). But then I guess you cant expect too much when trying to buy a luxury brand car that typically has a 2-3 month wait cycle and is in high demand.

I cant speak for Melbourne Lexus but I understand that Brighton Lexus are the only ones to offer the 'free car wash for life' program with every car sold. Let me tell you, this has proved a real bonus when buying a black car. They see me at least once a week, I pull up in a spare bay after wash, I chamois and go. What used to be a Sunday afternoon chore now takes a pleasurable cruise up the road and ten minutes with my chamois! :) Then I just dust every day for a couple of mins after work and the car stays looking like its just came out of the showroom.

Another nice touch upon purchase was a bottle of 'box stallion' in a lexus wine cooler and a voucher to go down to 'Box' for a 2 for one lunch. Also a $500 voucher for a photo with your loved one......(I wonder whether the photographers studio is big enough to squeeze both me and the IS250 in :P!).

Nick.

I cant speak for Melbourne Lexus but I understand that Brighton Lexus are the only ones to offer the 'free car wash for life' program with every car sold.

Lexus of Blackburn offer free car washes for the duration of the warranty (4 years), so although it's not as good as 'for life', I still can't complain. Like you, I was able to negotiate the price of my IS250 with a bit of leeway. From my experience (I only went to Blackburn and Melbourne City Lexus), Blackburn was much friendlier and helpful. Melbourne City Lexus didn't really seem like they cared about the sale and refused to negotiate at all.

I've just had a prettybad experience with Lexus of Brighton.

First of all the salesman called me on Tuesday to ask about coming in, to which I replied that during the week was difficult due ro my work. He told me that he would call me later in the week to make arrangements for me to :-

1/ take a car overnight (Friday)

2/ make an appointment on Saturday to talk with him and the sales manager.

I didn't receive a call! So I turned up anyway. I was stood around for 20 minutes before anyone asked if I needed help (they were very busy) and the salesman in question was apologetic and embarassed. I got to speak one on one with the sales manager. From a sales point of view, he knew all the right things to say, although selling down the competition doesn't win any points with me, and at the end of the day I'm only interested in hearing why I should buy their car than not why I shouldn't be buying someone elses. The thing that sticks in my mind most of all however is the lack of general Lexus knowledge the salesmanager had (didn't have?). There was mention of a hybrid Lexus coming out, and I asked whether the diesel version of the IS250 (the IS220) would be coming out to Australia, to which the sales manager replied that Lexus don't make a diesel and never will! I pointed out that it was available in Europe and the US, although he wasn't convinced. This was the sales manager!

The pre-sales experience was very poor and they lost my sale yesterday and if (when) I buy the IS250 it will be from another dealer. I am also going to wait a little longer (after pressure from the wife) and wait and see what the new Honda Legend is going to be like, and also to see what else becomes available for the IS250 (there will be some interesting developments in Oz in March).

Cheers,

George.