Top Up Coolant

Just happen to find that the coolant of my IS200 is in the middle between lower and upper line of the see-through. Just wondering where should I pull in the coolant, through the reservoir cap or radiator cap ? The owner manual only tell you to top up but does not say where should you pull the coolant to. Can I used the tap water to top up instead of the Toyota Super Long Life Coolant ? Thanks for the help

• 2 months later...

Just happen to find that the coolant of my IS200 is in the middle between lower and upper line of the see-through. Just wondering where should I pull in the coolant, through the reservoir cap or radiator cap ? The owner manual only tell you to top up but does not say where should you pull the coolant to. Can I used the tap water to top up instead of the Toyota Super Long Life Coolant ? Thanks for the help

to top up such a small amount tap water will do fine. You will notice that the reservoir will hold less than a litre between the two level marks..

super long life coolant is pink in colour

long life coolant is red in colour

sll is changed every 80k and ll is changed every 40k

hope this helps...

best invest in a can of Toyota Long Life coolant... coolant will not corrode inside the engine... so the weaker the mix the more chance of corrosion.

Like the above post a small bit is ok.. but best get a can just in case.