Iphone 5/6 Integration For A 2009 Rx350

This topic has been posted before by another member, but I thought I might give it another go, as I really want to be able to play music through my iphone and have control through the steering wheel control buttons, so that I can drive without having to change songs manually through my i phone. Previous posts state that third party units will not work with this model, and I have confirmed this with VIAS Tech and icarkit.com in the USA. Does anyone have any ideas?

• My recently purchased RX350 Luxury Sports is a third generation model, 5th Generation Satnav.
  • Has AUX adapter, this will play songs from my Iphone, but will not see songs through the nav system or have control through the steering buttons. A USB plug in would also be nice to charge the phone.
  • Seeking any method of integrating the iphone, either through bluetooth or USB.
  • Options might be, replace the stereo with a new model which has USB (Lexus dealer said it could not be done) or replace AUX point with a USB, not sure if this is possible. Unfortunately it seems a third party device will not work.

Any suggestions? I won't give up on this one......

Also, I removed the stereo so that I could send a photo of the unit to the USA, now the manual controls are not working, and I have to program the stereo from the computer. Any tricks to fixing this?

• 2 weeks later...