no 'gps' signal

Hello,

ive had this problem about 18 months and have finally decided to try and find a remedy. Im not getting the "gps" signal which apparently is supposed to be under the compass on the satnav screen when its displaying the map guidance. The position of the car will randomly get lost and show me miles away from where i am then i have to adjust the calibration to get a correct position. It might last two weeks or two days and then the correct position is lost again. Ive pulled the unit out today and reset all the connectors, at a  guess the gps antenna cable is there one under the radio antenna cable, but whatever i pulled out all the plugs and reset them but still no success. Im running v22 of the disc but even using two previous version still no gps signal. Any thoughts or do stick with using google maps lol. Many thanks, bob

I know the antenna is to the right of the speaker on top of the dash but you can't see it with the unit removed, and as a consequence you also cant see where the cable from the satnav unit connects to the antenna. I cant see how the antenna would be damaged at all

driving into an under ground car park today, the "GPS " disappears , but the distance display remains confirming that signal is one of the things required to display the "GPS"

here is a link that mentions getting into the diagnostics and doing a reset.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-2nd-gen-2004-2009/161057-navigation-system-problem.html

I went into the diagnostics menu and it confirms no gps signal is being received, apart from that theres no further info to suggest why. Ill keep up the research and see what happens. Thanks Tom

Woohoo happy days! I pulled the unit again and reseated around 8 cables and plugs and what i thought were the aerial cable and gps antenna. No luck. then as i was about to put the unit back in i saw right down the bottom of the unit under a lip, three more cables and plugs. And the single square connector was the gps aerial. Pulled it out and reset it back in and hallelujah, up comes the gps under the compass. I did have the airbag recalled around august 2016, perhaps it had something to do with it. Anyway all good and thanks for your help!