Hi all,

I have an 07 IS250 Prestige I bought earlier this year.  Great car, very smooth and excellent build quality.  About a month ago, the car started idling weirdly, revs going up and down when stopped at the lights.  Also felt very sluggish on acceleration.  I put it down to the common 'carbon build up' issue these cars have due to direct injection.  I researched some options on Lexus forums being:  seafoam, walnut cleaning, etc & completely taking the intake manifold apart as some threads suggested.

Having seen mixed reviews, and not wanting to take my engine apart, I saw a place advertise that that does Hydrogen carbon cleaning.  I thought, meh, give it a try, cost me $150 and the process took an hour.  They use a hydrogen power decarbonizing machine, and basically connect it up through the intake pipe.  Being sceptical of everything, as I naturally am, I took it for a drive and to my amazement it worked fantastically! No idle issues, much much better acceleration and no hesitation anymore when I needed to punch it.  My mechanic was even surprised how clean the engine looked now when I took it in for a service.

I'm not associated with them by anyway, but seeing so many threads on carbon I thought you guys should really know about it.  If you look up 'Carbon Cleaning Australia' it'll take you to their website, which explains everything better than I can.  I had it done by a rep in Adelaide, but I think they've got people doing it around Australia?  Anyway, if you have the dreaded carbon build up issue, I highly recommend them!!

Also! they guy that came out cleaned up the MAF sensor too, which he showed me was a bit dirty, I didn't even think of that. 

Cheers.

I did notice a lot of threads from America saying Lexus did acknowledge this as an actual issue (which of course Australia haven't) so I'm glad I had it done, I only found out about this carbon thing after buying my Lexus lol.  Looks like i'll be keeping it a lot longer now, well at least until I can buy the IS350 :P

15 hours ago, 2bling said:

love to see a bore scope before and after, bloody cheap if it works like you said cheers.

That would be cool to see yes! I definitely noticed a difference though, engine felt much smoother :)  they do a lot of work on diesels too, but any cars with direct port injection would benefit imo.  I plan on putting an oil catch can in for future prevention as well.

Hey Murry I’m in Adelaide as well and drive a MT Prestige 07 IS250. I haven’t had idling issues but wouldn’t mind grabbing rep’s details off of you. Always thought my car was abit sluggish launching but then again I haven’t driven another MT IS250 to compare it to. Could just be because it’s an IS250 🤔

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, m0lika said:

Hey Murry I’m in Adelaide as well and drive a MT Prestige 07 IS250. I haven’t had idling issues but wouldn’t mind grabbing rep’s details off of you. Always thought my car was abit sluggish launching but then again I haven’t driven another MT IS250 to compare it to. Could just be because it’s an IS250 🤔

Sure, how many kms does your have on it? His name is Carl @ Carbon Cleaning SA.  Ph: 0402 622 166

I think you'll notice a great improvement getting it done, would be good to hear how you go :) cheers.

• Like 1