IS 250 GPS contunes to stop working

I have a 2015 is250 sports luxury, and the GPS stops working or gets stuck in the one spot. This has been ongoing for three years.  You can be driving on the M5 yet the GPS says you are 2km off Bondi.The head unit has been replaced twice and I still get the same result. It is an intermittent issue. I was told by the service dept. that I was the only one with this problem, anybody else have the same problem ?? Does anybody have an answer as Lexus sure don't.

I had a similar problem for ages in that the gps worked for a couple days or even a week then would get lost and as you state say you were somewhere else.  In the top left hand corner of your screen where there is a little compass, do you have the letters gps showing? I didn't have these letters showing and apparently if there not showing you're not picking up a satellite signal and thats what was causing my issue. I ended up pulling the unit out and discovered the cable for the gps antenna was disconnected. This cable is at the very base of the unit and its hard to see but its the lowest cable. I suspected after some research it was pulled out while the airbag was replaced during the recall. Its a super pain to pull the unit but there are some very good tutorials on youtube on how to pull the unit.

Thanks wato

I will check it out. I have seen the YouTube videos, looks complicated.The car is stil under warranty as the problem started within two months of purchase date. I spoke to Fair Trading this afternoon and they said under Australian Consumer law they have to either refund or replace the vehicle. They are happy to negotiate for me. I will give Sydney City Lexus one more call to see what they offer

Wonder if there is a diagnostic mode to check how many satellites are visible and signal strength.  Sounds like a reception problem.  Anything modifications on the car that could attenuate the signal?  Broken antenna?

Must be extremely frustrating and annoying considering it’s less than three years old and still under warranty. Looks like the dealers giving you the runaround, I’d agree with you and go to fair trading and start a complaint. I’d also inform the dealer this is what you’re going to do unless it’s either fixed or you’re giving a replacement  vehicle. They should be able with the diagnostic tools at their disposal to determine the problem 

I have seen the gps signal in one of the underlying settings.

Cant get to the car atm but will have a look next week if someone doesnt answer.

Baz