Hi guys

I was wondering what your thoughts were with DIY repair of the front bumper. It looks like I tore the support tab while parking the car and scrapped the divider. I think its a bit of an overkill to repalce the entire bumper because of this. Please let me know if anyone has tried this before. Any thoughts on plastic welding?

Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-22 at 10.30.40 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-22 at 10.30.39 AM.jpeg

Ive seen tears fixed by plastic welding. On the one at work (Hilux) they also put a reinforcement filler patch on one bit.

This was a couple of years ago. So it is possible.

If you go to smash repairs, they will probably replace the bumper and damaged clips.  New bumper is usually primed but not painted so they need to paint it and blend the colour with quarter panels.  So not exactly cheap.  If there are damage under the bumper, there will be more work so probably an insurance job if done properly. 

Or you can replace bumper with one from wrecker and replace the damaged clips.  Don't know whether the colour will be an exact match though. 

Or wait until you rear end someone and have it fixed in one go.

seen that alot of times

would rather replace the bar and get it painted

in the long run it gonna come back off

and plastic welding will not give you the factory fitment