Suspension for IS250X

Hi Guys, new to Forum.  Had a Lexus RX330 for over 10 years, now have a sweet 2008 IS250X.  My problem is a knock in the front on rough roads, Lexus recond it may be shocks, car has only 120k kms.  I am after new shocks but because it was the first sports model and had factory lowered suspension and sports suspension, I am having difficulty finding shocks or the complete struts for it.  US sites will not respond and Aust. sites don't have any.  If I could find the spring ratings it may help or otherwise a supplier.  I really thought that at 120k the shocks would still be OK.  The car is kept in top condition and not worked hard at all, hey I'm over 70.  Can anyone offer suggestions, happy to hear from a supplier in Australia.

On a happy note this would be one of the nicest cars I have ever owned. I still work part time drive limos and just love coming back to the Lexus to have a more comfortable ride. I have owned new Caprices, BMW 3 series but do love the Lexus.

It may not be the shocks. 

Lower inner rear front mounts can also make a noise.

I would get a $25 Pedders check on their vibration bed to pin point source.

I too have a 2008 250 x. If you need to replace the shocks think about KYB or Tein. Both available in Australia last I looked, which was only a couple of months ago. At that time, I went for KYB gas adjust due to price and the guarantee of ongoing support. Heard Tein was getting out of Australia. Pretty happy with the KYB. Btw I only replaced the rears, and at 200,000 plus km. Springs were fine. The advantage of the Teins is they can be manually adjusted to your liking. Despite their name, the KYB cannot. But for me, handling remains good and comfort a little better. 

On 5/30/2020 at 4:02 AM, bazzle said:

It may not be the shocks. 

Lower inner rear front mounts can also make a noise.

I would get a $25 Pedders check on their vibration bed to pin point source.

Thanks for the advice, I have booked in for a check at Pedders next Thursday, should be more clear what is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I went to Pedders and they were very helpful. Thoroughly went over suspension and discovered when I last had a front wheel alignment they never did the nut up tight for the tie rod end, they fixed it on the spot, no extra charge.  Went back to the tire supplier and told him as it caused the inner tire to scrub out, so he is replacing the front tires at cost to him.  I am going back to Pedder to get alignment on all 4 wheels as gratitude for what they did.  Thanks for the advice, they also told me my whole front suspension is good, they have very little problems with the Lexus IS250, great news, now drives like it should. As it turned out a simple fix by professionals.Its now $28 for the check, best $28 I have invested.