GS-F prices

AG76

Hi guys

I'm in the market for a used white or orange GS-F (my first Lexus!). I've noticed prices have jumped from the $70s to $90s in the past 6mo as the COVID car market has put a rocket under everything. I understand this is a niche model with a small but passionate following. I also understand this car is no longer in production and no replacement is planned.

My observation is they typically sit on the market for several months because of their low profile/demand (I love that it's one of those Q cars that 'if you know, you know').

Do you see prices retracting back to pre-COVID levels any time soon? Any other advice for a first-time buyer?

Cheers

AG

I don't see the prices going lower, the only way you would pick one up in the $70k's is a high km example, I know of a few that were bought in this range but for 2016 they had 80,000-90-000 kms. Not a bad option as 100,000 kms is just breaking in the engine on a Lexus 2UR 😃

Production concluded is total amount of GSF's sold in Oz is 141, so its likely prices will decline slowly until they fall into hands of enthusiast and they will start to climb.

Look at the ISF for an example.

On 1/6/2021 at 3:28 PM, AG76 said:

Hi guys

I'm in the market for a used white or orange GS-F (my first Lexus!). I've noticed prices have jumped from the $70s to $90s in the past 6mo as the COVID car market has put a rocket under everything. I understand this is a niche model with a small but passionate following. I also understand this car is no longer in production and no replacement is planned.

My observation is they typically sit on the market for several months because of their low profile/demand (I love that it's one of those Q cars that 'if you know, you know').

Do you see prices retracting back to pre-COVID levels any time soon? Any other advice for a first-time buyer?

Cheers

AG

i dont think it'll drop as much more like itll keep itself around there

i dont think covid has to do with it either

main points are for this is

1. rare (even rarer now as 2020 is the last model)

2. 5 year max model run

3. no F model thats newer with 4 doors and a NA V8