Tyres for the 8.5" and 9.5" rims

I have read where a lot of people go for wider tyres both front and rear but lower profile than the factory originals. For example 245/35 fronts and 275/30 rears.

Has any one used an original profile and gone up to 245/40 fronts and 275/35 rears?

I know they are a little bit bigger on the outside diameter but is it enough to cause rubbing?

Thanks.

I went up one size to 235/40/18 fronts and 265/40/18 rears on standard F Sport rims.  Speedo still reads a few k's under so no tickets here.

Car looks better as well like it should of come from factory for an F Sport ......

The extra 10mm made more of a difference than I thought it would in a positive way. No rubbing either.

Also rims now' just'  protected on front and more so on rear .

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 front and Pilot Sport 4S rear..🙂

Sounds nice Bazzle, do you mind me asking how much that set you back?. I notice on my Sports Luxury which has same wheel/tyre size as F Sport that the front rims seem very vulnerable. More rubber would be good. Also, what about the steering feel with wider tyres up front?

No real difference to steering other than maybe little bit less understeer when pushed.  Rear traction has certainly improved.

Cost at the time was about $1350 but shopping around can be worthwhile. I did a deal with Bob Jane at the time. F&B.

Depends on availability of AU stock etc.

PILOT SPORT 4 235/40ZR18 95Y | 235/40R18 Tyres for sale (bobjane.com.au)

PILOT SPORT 4 S 265/40ZR18 101Y | 265/40R18 Tyres for sale (bobjane.com.au)

On 3/2/2022 at 11:17 AM, bazzle said:

No real difference to steering other than maybe little bit less understeer when pushed.  Rear traction has certainly improved.

Cost at the time was about $1350 but shopping around can be worthwhile. I did a deal with Bob Jane at the time. F&B.

Depends on availability of AU stock etc.

PILOT SPORT 4 235/40ZR18 95Y | 235/40R18 Tyres for sale (bobjane.com.au)

PILOT SPORT 4 S 265/40ZR18 101Y | 265/40R18 Tyres for sale (bobjane.com.au)

Hi Bazzle,

Just checking that the 1% or so diameter increase didn't cause any issues.
I had been asking around about the same and all tyre shops suggested keeping original size to prevent issues with ABS, traction control, speedometer, etc.

Thanks,