2023 Lexus RX350h Towbar

Got the towbar fitted by Lexus today and they claim it is a genuine Lexus part.  There is 2 metal plates on either side of the towbar hook that makes it look ugly.  Does this look normal to anyone?  When looked at previous models of the same model, this issue is not there.

Appreciate anyone giving some guidance on what to do next.  I have already spoken to the Service Manager and advised the same to the Dealer Principal.  Now waiting.

Towbar-Fitted-2.jpg

• 2 months later...

That does looks a bit odd, not sure if this is normal hope the dealership got better answers and fix.

How are you enjoying the car otherwise? Are you happy with the purchase? I am currently waiting for our new RX350H for almost 6 months now and hoping for a delivery Dec 2023, have you had to wait for many months just out of curiosity 🙂 thanks.

LGL

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you received a decent remedy or reply fro Lexus… how did you go after 3 months? I’m about to hook a towbar on mine, but I’m waiting to see your response… cheers mate 🍻 

• 1 month later...

I am waiting for my Lexus RX towbar on back order and hope that the fitment does not look like the image you have posted.

Have Lexus come up with a better solution for the two metal plates as they definitely look like an afterthought.

One other question, is the tow bar goose neck removable as I am not sure it will fit in my garage with the tow bar goose neck in place. 

• 4 weeks later...

That definitely looks weird, I will not even consider putting one in!!

If it was done by lexus then that might be the only way. Perhaps better to go with after market. Is it possible those 2 metal plates are needed so the bar does not block the kick sensor? 

I recall reading somewhere that the hybrid models aren't built for towing (though they advertise 1500kg towing capacity) so perhaps Lexus did not consider the aesthetics of putting one in.

Fortunately my 2007 RX 350 still has the grant to tow 🙂.